Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2006 Audi A6 C6 ABS Fault 01435

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    You sure about that and someone has to start someplace even if the first. no?
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I just finished reading through all 63 complains associated with my VIN number's model. (I was particularly amused by the person who "parked" their vehicle, left it in drive, didn't use the parking brake, turned off the ignition, then had the thing roll over their foot because they didn't engage any mechanism by which to keep it from rolling.)

If you know something I don't, please share.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I just finished reading through all 63 complains associated with my VIN number's model. (I was particularly amused by the person who "parked" their vehicle, left it in drive, didn't use the parking brake, turned off the ignition, then had the thing roll over their foot because they didn't engage any mechanism by which to keep it from rolling.)

If you know something I don't, please share.

If I see anything in my travels maybe I will, right now watching jets fly around here.

not related but...........

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...l=1#post174303
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, update time.

I finally found the time to install my junkyard ABS module today, only to find out it is for front-wheel drive, not all-wheel drive. (K suffix is apparently FWD, L suffix is apparently AWD). Didn't find out until I had finished installing, bleeding, etc., and turned the car back on to start testing. Good thing I deliberately ordered 2 more cans of brake fluid than I actually needed.

With that idea dead, I turned my attention to the actual pump half of the module instead. Using Jack's reference photo from page 6, I'm assuming the black thing with (4) electrical contacts on it is the pressure sensor, and the two blade terminals below it are the power to the actual pump inside the unit. I pulled apart both ABS modules and compared them, and aside from the part number stamped into the top of the pump, they appear identical. I believe the only actual difference between them is in the control module, possibly even just the software on the control module.

So, armed with that hope, I swapped out the pump module. I used the junkyard (K suffix) pump with my original (L suffix) control module and re-assembled once again. I have just come back from my final testing, a road test, and it appears to be functioning properly.

Now I wait to see if the 01435 error comes back.
    Last edited by davisev5225; 09-07-2019 at 05:46 PM.

4. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts, NZDubNurd liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, update time.

I finally found the time to install my junkyard ABS module today, only to find out it is for front-wheel drive, not all-wheel drive. (K suffix is apparently FWD, L suffix is apparently AWD). Didn't find out until I had finished installing, bleeding, etc., and turned the car back on to start testing. Good thing I deliberately ordered 2 more cans of brake fluid than I actually needed.

With that idea dead, I turned my attention to the actual pump half of the module instead. Using Jack's reference photo from page 6, I'm assuming the black thing with (4) electrical contacts on it is the pressure sensor, and the two blade terminals below it are the power to the actual pump inside the unit. I pulled apart both ABS modules and compared them, and aside from the part number stamped into the top of the pump, they appear identical. I believe the only actual difference between them is in the control module, possibly even just the software on the control module.

So, armed with that hope, I swapped out the pump module. I used the junkyard (K suffix) pump with my original (L suffix) control module and re-assembled once again. I have just come back from my final testing, a road test, and it appears to be functioning properly.

Now I wait to see if the 01435 error comes back.

Induced FOD leads to improvisation!

Looks like you took a course in USMA TM 31-210 philosophy?

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 09-07-2019 at 08:01 PM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

6. Likes NZDubNurd liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Looks like you took a course in USMA TM 31-210 philosophy?
    You could say that. I would say that I did it right because I did it twice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Related, but different platform:

I had a mechanical fault in my MK5 Golf based Touran ABS.

They have a "Block" number engraved into the alloy block, denoting the type it is. I too swapped a 4WD module onto a 2WD block, as they used the same block number.

Glad it worked for you, as it did for me! I guess there's no particular reason whey the mechanics should be different, but you wonder why they didn't just use the same electronics and code it differently... I guess there is an extra 3 cents of diaodes and IC chips in there
    Allan
    The R32ran Thread
    How to post a full Auto-Scan
    "Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound"

9. Likes davisev5225, Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The error came back today, though it took much longer than it previously would. I'm going to continue to monitor and see if it comes back a second time, just in case this was a "pending" code from before I performed my repairs.

Code:
    Thursday,12,September,2019,06:47:59:10305
    VCDS Version: Release 19.6.1 (x64) Running on Windows 10 x64
    www.Ross-Tech.com

Address 03: ABS Brakes       Labels: 4F0-910-517.clb
    Control Module Part Number: 4F0 910 517 L    HW: 4F0 614 517 L
      Component and/or Version: ESP 8.0 quattro H04 0090
               Software Coding: 0020895
                Work Shop Code: WSC 02325 785 00200
                          VCID: 2D516BBEB4397F2702-8078
    1 Fault Found:

01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201) 
                008 - Implausible Signal
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 01101000
                        Fault Priority: 2
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 115
                        Mileage: 311037 km
                        Time Indication: 0
                        Date: 2019.09.12
                        Time: 06:49:29

Freeze Frame:
                        Hex Value: 0x5600
                        Hex Value: 0x4006
                        Hex Value: 0x001C
                        Hex Value: 0x4EAB
                        Hex Value: 0x00FF

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by davisev5225 View Post
    The error came back today, though it took much longer than it previously would. I'm going to continue to monitor and see if it comes back a second time, just in case this was a "pending" code from before I performed my repairs.
    Not a fluke, code returned a second time. Now I'm back to sourcing a replacement control module - the pump unit was probably fine.