Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Audi A6 C6 ABS Fault 01435

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Yes but also with overlays to see if problem vacates during road test to duplicate conditions.
    I'm afraid you've lost me again. Overlays?

The connector in question looks like this:
    https://www.wolfautoparts.com/200520...or-151230.html

While not impossible, it would be difficult (without spending quite a bit of money on crimp pins) to splice that connector together while disconnected from the module, and for reasons mentioned previously in this thread, I'd rather not start cutting open my harness bundles. Maybe I'm mis-understanding you again, but I believe you're asking me to keep a multimeter hooked up while driving the car, and monitoring the voltage running through the supply wires?

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    No and you can get a pig tail from dump/junkyard to make a test pin overlay to save on making your own test pins.

It is easy to extract pins from a connector bay and tape off to add a bypass.
    Nothing has to be cut outside a tie wrap and unwrapping the connector plug carefully to access the main ABS plug.

Pin extractor tools are also very simple to make or cheap to buy.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, my apologies for not responding for a little while, I had some health issues (flu) and had an unexpected bushing failure in my suspension - no damage done other than the relevant parts, but I had to get it fixed right away, so that ate up some time and money.

I've continued monitoring this damn issue, and I finally captured a log with the high negative pressure values (see link in original post for files). I'm about to walk it into my local Audi dealership, along with the error code data, and ask for all possible reasons it would do this. I'll update everyone with what they say.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, as expected, they weren't much help. "Our service center is open until 7pm, drop by anytime!" apparently means "All of our service techs clock out promptly at 5pm, but we'll happily accept your car and your credit card information after that time."

No thanks.

So I'm back to the original plan of replacing the ABS module, since I still can't figure out what Jack is trying to ask me to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have the factory WD?

You could please post a screen shot, no?
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have the factory WD?

You could please post a screen shot, no?
    I believe so, I'll have to look when I get home. I have all the Elsa info that I could get my hands on sitting on a computer in my garage.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wiring diagrams (component locations and actual wiring schematics) have been added to the link in my original post.

Post Thanks / Like
    No externals ..........post it here!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    No externals ..........post it here!
    Multi-page PDF... and can't post attachments to the forum. You're going to have to use the Dropbox link if you want it.

Also, before you suggest posting screenshots of the wiring diagrams... they'd also be external, just displayed in-line. The same issue of "it might get taken down later" would still apply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do screenshot's of stuff in question...........