Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Audi A6 C6 ABS Fault 01435

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    I guess the question now is whether that's really the cause of the DTC. Clear the fault code. Try to reproduce a negative value. Is that when the fault code sets?

-Uwe-
    I'll be logging all my trips to see if I can get a fault code. My traction control gets disabled while logging, but I'm hoping that won't prevent the fault code from setting.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if G201 is mislabeled in stack and should be either G518 / G519 or even F234 for this car?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    I wonder if G201 is mislabeled in stack and should be either G518 / G519 or even F234 for this car?
    So I know that F234 is the brake pedal pressure sensor, what are the other two? Google isn't coming up with anything useful.

Post Thanks / Like
    They are front left and right brake PSI sensors and WD shows no G201 at all & not for any version ABS in that era.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    They are front left and right brake PSI sensors and WD shows no G201 at all & not for any version ABS in that era.
    WD wouldn't show it. G201 is integrated into the ABS controller, not a separate sensor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Will have to look at SSP and if that is the case time for module and a ref to check NHTSA for campaign huh?

Post Thanks / Like

8. Likes Uwe, NZDubNurd liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a log during which the error code was thrown.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07x864lxpy...07.29.CSV?dl=0

Interestingly, while it did occur after a string of negative values, it isn't the only such occurrence in this log. There are other instances of multiple negative values with no code being thrown. I placed a marker when the error code occurred, see line 5133 or timestamp 2236.58 for the marker.

Related, I managed to find a 2006 A6 in a local junkyard, so I got a used ABS module for ~$75 instead of having to purchase one new. I feel incredibly lucky, as this generation car doesn't usually make it to junkyards - the dismantlers/parts resellers usually get their grubby mits on them first. I'll probably swap it in and code it this weekend, if I can make the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davisev5225 View Post
    I have a log during which the error code was thrown.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07x864lxpy...07.29.CSV?dl=0

Interestingly, while it did occur after a string of negative values, it isn't the only such occurrence in this log. There are other instances of multiple negative values with no code being thrown. I placed a marker when the error code occurred, see line 5133 or timestamp 2236.58 for the marker.
    I'm not seeing an obvious reason for why it threw the DTC at that point.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

11. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    More likely a loose weld joint that could be fixed with actual solder?

This process of bridging circuits in all modules I have seen & so far has been less than reliable, especially a CVT or MAF & ABS, no?

It's only being used to save labor times and cost lives it seems, no?