2006 Audi A6 C6 ABS Fault 01435

davisev5225

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263265
Yes but also with overlays to see if problem vacates during road test to duplicate conditions.

I'm afraid you've lost me again. Overlays?

The connector in question looks like this:
https://www.wolfautoparts.com/20052...ule-wiring-harness-plug-connector-151230.html

While not impossible, it would be difficult (without spending quite a bit of money on crimp pins) to splice that connector together while disconnected from the module, and for reasons mentioned previously in this thread, I'd rather not start cutting open my harness bundles. Maybe I'm mis-understanding you again, but I believe you're asking me to keep a multimeter hooked up while driving the car, and monitoring the voltage running through the supply wires?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
No and you can get a pig tail from dump/junkyard to make a test pin overlay to save on making your own test pins.

It is easy to extract pins from a connector bay and tape off to add a bypass.
Nothing has to be cut outside a tie wrap and unwrapping the connector plug carefully to access the main ABS plug.

Pin extractor tools are also very simple to make or cheap to buy.

davisev5225

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263265
OK, my apologies for not responding for a little while, I had some health issues (flu) and had an unexpected bushing failure in my suspension - no damage done other than the relevant parts, but I had to get it fixed right away, so that ate up some time and money.

I've continued monitoring this damn issue, and I finally captured a log with the high negative pressure values (see link in original post for files). I'm about to walk it into my local Audi dealership, along with the error code data, and ask for all possible reasons it would do this. I'll update everyone with what they say.

davisev5225

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263265
Well, as expected, they weren't much help. "Our service center is open until 7pm, drop by anytime!" apparently means "All of our service techs clock out promptly at 5pm, but we'll happily accept your car and your credit card information after that time."

No thanks.

So I'm back to the original plan of replacing the ABS module, since I still can't figure out what Jack is trying to ask me to do. :confused:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Do you have the factory WD?

You could please post a screen shot, no?

davisev5225

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263265
Do you have the factory WD?

You could please post a screen shot, no?

I believe so, I'll have to look when I get home. I have all the Elsa info that I could get my hands on sitting on a computer in my garage.

davisev5225

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263265
Wiring diagrams (component locations and actual wiring schematics) have been added to the link in my original post.

davisev5225

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263265
No externals ..........post it here!

Multi-page PDF... and can't post attachments to the forum. You're going to have to use the Dropbox link if you want it. :facepalm:

Also, before you suggest posting screenshots of the wiring diagrams... they'd also be external, just displayed in-line. The same issue of "it might get taken down later" would still apply.

davisev5225

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263265
Do screenshot's of stuff in question...........

Err...

Also, before you suggest posting screenshots of the wiring diagrams... they'd also be external, just displayed in-line. The same issue of "it might get taken down later" would still apply.

I can't attach files to the forum, be they images, text files, PDF files, or anything else. I don't have permissions to do so (or that function doesn't exist in this web system). The wiring diagrams will be external no matter what, so I genuinely fail to see the point in breaking up a dozen or so pages of PDF into individual images? The PDF files are far easier to work with. :confused:

davisev5225

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263265
I'm confident you will figure it out by searching how to post pictures by hosting elsewhere on the net or the how too or new user section , no?

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?95-How-To-Post-Pictures

I'm well aware of how to post pictures using a forum and external resources, I just don't see the point of regressive technology. PDF copies are more convenient, smaller, and provide more functionality. You're asking me to do the equivalent of saving my logs to a floppy disk and mailing it to your house - it makes no sense with more modern and convenient options available. (Yes, I know the comparison is not accurate, it's an exaggeration to prove a point.)

I'm confident that you are capable of viewing a PDF file hosted on Dropbox. You don't even have to download it to your computer, Dropbox will render a web preview for you! ;)

On that subject, if you've been reading through my logs that I've posted, you've already been using my external hosted resources. Why are you hung up on where and how the wiring diagrams are provided? :confused:

davisev5225

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263265
I don't read anything external to forum.

Then you are useless. Why are you even here if you aren't going to read what I posted?

I've humored you for 6 pages of posts in this thread, only to find out you never even bothered to look at my driving logs, and therefore never even bothered to look at the various sensor outputs I've been providing. You've been trying to get me to perform electrical tests that you apparently don't even understand yourself (since you need the wiring diagrams from me) on a component that is integrated into the control module itself (which you would have known all the way back on page 1, if you had bothered to read my posts), and so the only output I will get from that sensor comes from the control module itself, and it is CANBUS communication that the ECU interprets, not individual sensor outputs. Ergo, any wire loom tapping that you were trying to get me to do seems to me to be a useless endeavor. I've gone along with you trying to figure out what in the world you were getting at because I freely admit I don't know anything, but at this point, you've just shown that you've been wasting my time every step of the way.

To everyone else: I apologize for my exasperation here, but this is ridiculous. If someone has constructive feedback, I'd love to discuss. Otherwise, I'm just going to replace the ABS pump and module, and hope that the junkyard replacement I picked up doesn't have the same, apparently common, fault. Then, assuming all goes well, I'll send my original off for repair so that I have a rebuilt spare.

Last edited:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I'm well aware of how to post pictures using a forum and external resources, I just don't see the point of regressive technology.
Uwe (the boss of Ross-Tech) has decided that he isn't willing to allow direct attachments because of possible liability issues, so if you want/need to use this forum then you'll have to follow the rules that have been set.

You may disagree, but those are the rules :cool:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Oh I can tell you I have not been wasting your time and the rules are what they are.
I don't need the WD, the forum does & to follow as a collective effort. Elsa is not ERWIN & most likely pirated software, if you have it, maybe with malware, unless of course you can show & assure me you have such valid license credentials, but if you did you wouldn't be here now would you?

davisev5225

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263265
Oh I can tell you I have not been wasting your time and the rules are what they are.
I don't need the WD, the forum does & to follow as a collective effort. Elsa is not ERWIN & most likely pirated software, if you have it, maybe with malware, unless of course you can show & assure me you have such valid license credentials, but if you did you wouldn't be here now would you?

1. I wasn't complaining about the inability to post attachments to the forum, I merely pointed out that I can't. That means any images that anyone places in-line are "external to the forum". In fact, if I was feeling particularly pedantic about it, I would have posted the images, waited a day, then deleted them from the external resource just to prove the point, but I'm not that petty.
  2. Who said I had Elsa installed? I certainly didn't. You immediately jumped to accusations of piracy without basis. I said I have all the Elsa information I could get my hands on, not that I have ElsaWin installed. I am no pirate; if I was, you wouldn't see that nice "Verified VCDS User" badge under my username.
  3. PDF files (generally speaking) can't carry malware. Even if they did, the ability to preview online without downloading it to your computer, combined with pretty much any antivirus software on the planet, will prevent any infections.
  4. Elsa is the predecessor to ERWIN, they contain literally the same diagrams. A difference which makes no difference is effectively no difference.
  5. You are a hypocrite. Your JPPSG is full of links to external resources. If everyone behaved as you do, no one would ever read it because a significant portion of the information is "external to the forum".

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
  1. I wasn't complaining about the inability to post attachments to the forum, I merely pointed out that I can't. That means any images that anyone places in-line are "external to the forum". In fact, if I was feeling particularly pedantic about it, I would have posted the images, waited a day, then deleted them from the external resource just to prove the point, but I'm not that petty.
  2. Who said I had Elsa installed? I certainly didn't. You immediately jumped to accusations of piracy without basis. I said I have all the Elsa information I could get my hands on, not that I have ElsaWin installed. I am no pirate; if I was, you wouldn't see that nice "Verified VCDS User" badge under my username.
  3. PDF files (generally speaking) can't carry malware. Even if they did, the ability to preview online without downloading it to your computer, combined with pretty much any antivirus software on the planet, will prevent any infections.
  4. Elsa is the predecessor to ERWIN, they contain literally the same diagrams. A difference which makes no difference is effectively no difference.
  5. You are a hypocrite. Your JPPSG is full of links to external resources. If everyone behaved as you do, no one would ever read it because a significant portion of the information is "external to the forum".

Nothing worse than a lie huh?

I believe so, I'll have to look when I get home. I have all the Elsa info that I could get my hands on sitting on a computer in my garage.

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?19510-2006-Audi-A6-C6-ABS-Fault-01435&p=174057&viewfull=1#post174057

Elsa is not the predecessor to ERWIN in the USA either so if you have documents from there allegedly and even in just PDF than most likely it is from a pirated source. no, unless you would like to specify the source to check, somehow I doubt you will huh?

Links to .gov and anti crime websites or videos linked in YouTube, the Factory repair manual, are not as you aforementioned nor would be the pointing too credible tool makers such as Horiba or Snap-on for example?

You didn't even recant the relevance of prior PSI sensors in this thread & to show you had the correct WD and show how you see the sensor you are concerned with is allegedly embedded, why, what is so hard with a screen shot?

The USA repair manuals were done by RB publishers and also distributed by microfilm, paper back in blue books at dealer and to aftermarket from VWAG, then also VESIS/AESIS for the dealers by RB than VW web source via Elsaweb, not ERWIN & then ERWIN for AFT afetr RB was discontinued?
Now if you had an archive from RB that would be considered the legitimate predecessor RTFB, no?

Look at what happens to pirates in this forum here when they use a VCDS pirated interface, what you think will happen next?

https://forums.ross-tech.com/forumdisplay.php?52-Hall-of-Shame

Okay I'm done here, please have fun on your own, set to ignore because I don't want to argue with someone that talks shit two ways out of their mouth and then tries to forge an instrument, would you?

Last edited:

davisev5225

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263265
Assuming you have ignored me, so be it. But I am going to correct the record anyway, since you're so determined to smear me.

Elsa is not the predecessor to ERWIN in the USA either so if you have documents from there allegedly and even in just PDF than most likely it is from a pirated source. no, unless you would like to specify the source to check, somehow I doubt you will huh?

AudiWorld.com forums, primarily, with a smattering of Audizine as well, plus some misc. Googling over the years. I do not claim to know or verify the legitimacy of any of those individual users' sources, only that I have acquired a large library of repair information without personally using ElsaWin.

You didn't even recant the relevance of prior PSI sensors in this thread & to show you had the correct WD and show how you see the sensor you are concerned with is allegedly embedded, why, what is so hard with a screen shot?

Why is it so hard to click a link? If you had bothered to do so, you would have seen on the component locations, page 2, item 12: "Brake Pressure Sensor 1 -G201- is integrated in ABS Hydraulic Unit -N55-"

The USA repair manuals were done by RB publishers and also distributed by microfilm, paper back in blue books at dealer and to aftermarket from VWAG, then also VESIS/AESIS for the dealers by RB than VW web source via Elsaweb, not ERWIN & then ERWIN for AFT afetr RB was discontinued?
Now if you had an archive from RB that would be considered the legitimate predecessor RTFB, no?

OK, I stand corrected on that point. You can keep the self-righteous attitude, though.

Look at what happens to pirates in this forum here when they use a VCDS pirated interface, what you think will happen next?

https://forums.ross-tech.com/forumdisplay.php?52-Hall-of-Shame

Good thing I'm not a pirate, then, isn't it? :thumbs:

Okay I'm done here, please have fun on your own, set to ignore because I don't want to argue with someone that talks shit two ways out of their mouth and then tries to forge an instrument, would you?

You really need to check your attitude, it's not going to get you far in life. If this is how you react when someone calls you out on your own bullshit, you really need to grow up.

Reactions: Uwe
Back