Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Long Coding Helper for Short Coding Decrypting

Post Thanks / Like
    Jason, let's discuss this in your existing topic - while this here may seem related to your problem, it is not.

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...ry-Exit-Lights
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com // VCDS Rookie since 2003

ĽNichts erweitert das eigene Wissen mehr,
    als die Meinung eines Andersdenkenden.ę

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes fair enough!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there anyway to convert short coding into long coding and vice versa? For instance, a long coded trans module in a 16 Touareg tdi so i can code it to a eurospec trans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 04_sti View Post
    Is there anyway to convert short coding into long coding and vice versa? For instance, a long coded trans module in a 16 Touareg tdi so i can code it to a eurospec trans.
    A codable module either uses long coding or short coding. Long coding is shown as a sting of bytes in hexadecimal. Short coding is a decimal number. Certainly you could convert hex to decimal or vice versa, but doing so would not change the options that can and can't be changed via coding.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uwe,

I guess what Iím after is why canít I simply covert a known short code that these Aisin trans likes, maybe not this specific trans module, however an earlier module that accepted a known short code, and input that into my trans module after converting it into hex. Does that not make sense or not possible?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry if this is a very basic question for a much more advanced issue, but there are plenty of known module short codes for these earlier year Touareg 3 series, that accepted short coding, whereas the latter models/years now require long coding. Just help me understand please lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 04_sti View Post
    Sorry if this is a very basic question for a much more advanced issue, but there are plenty of known module short codes for these earlier year Touareg 3 series, that accepted short coding, whereas the latter models/years now require long coding. Just help me understand please lol
    Control modules and the coding schemes they use change over time. Unfortunately, there isn't really anything documented coding-wise for the last generation of T'reg TCUs.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Control modules and the coding schemes they use change over time. Unfortunately, there isn't really anything documented coding-wise for the last generation of T'reg TCUs.

-Uwe-
    Anyway I can help change that?

Post Thanks / Like
    You may need to accept, that the function you're looking for does not exist for your car/tcm. Beyond that, you could always start a topic with your specific request (explaining what you want to achieve and include an actual scan from the vehicle itself, so we can double check if we have some info that just didn't make it into the "public" documentation.
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com // VCDS Rookie since 2003

ĽNichts erweitert das eigene Wissen mehr,
    als die Meinung eines Andersdenkenden.ę

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it possible to use Lcode stand-alone and read a .clb file? It works just fine in VCDS, but if I use it stand-alone to look up coding options of a module based on a part number, it only shows .lbl files...
    Current:
    2018 Tiguan AD Highline 2.0 BiTDI 240hp > Stage 1+ 328hp
    2016 Polo 6C Highline 1.0 TSI 105hp