Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weird issue with O2 sensor and idle hunting on 2010 VW Polo 1.6 TDI CAYB

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's far away from the truth I am afraid. But I can't and I don't want to change your mind. I respect your help and your contribution to my issue so far. Thanks Jack.
    Ah nope............

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...l=1#post172459
    Following this I would like to ask your opinion on the following:

- Is it safe to delete EGR without deleting DPF? Cause I have read around that once you delete EGR it is good to delete DPF as well (which I am not gonna do mainly due to MOT reasons)
    - In case that I replace EGR with a new one, it will need coding through VCDS, is that right? In such case can you point me to a guide of doing this coding myself?

Thank you again for your consideration; I look forward to your thoughts and advice.

Personally, I see the EGR valve as an ass to mouth effective instrument!
    That's why we clean them and intakes.

Don't forget the mouth........
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zach138 View Post
    I will replace the EGR with the help of a friend who is mechanic but we are both not so familiar with VCDS. In case that I replace it myself, is it safe to drive let's say 40-50 miles to visit a tuner that can code the new EGR?
    If the EGR valve is replaced with correct part, it should just need a Basic Setting:

IDE00785 -- Adaptation of EGR valve

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

3. Likes zach138, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot Uwe.

I'm looking into the Wahler one which I think is the one that is used by VW as well.

I'm looking to Haynes workshop manual for my car and I think that I will also need new gaskets for the egr pipes as well.

Hopefully next week I will try the replacement and fingers crossed that will solve my issue. Although I cannot still understand how a faulty EGR can affect the slow response of the O2 sensor

Post Thanks / Like
    All basic settings are to be done for all AECD monitors supported in a region & when a EGR is replaced or after clearing DTC's and some cars not this one support multiple EGR valves.

https://fabione63.it/doc/SSP442%20Th...n%20System.pdf
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    All basic settings are to be done for all AECD monitors supported in a region & when a EGR is replaced or after clearing DTC's and some cars not this one support multiple EGR valves.

https://fabione63.it/doc/SSP442%20Th...n%20System.pdf
    Thanks for the link.

Is there any case where the system is self-adapted after a reset or in this example after replacing the EGR? Like getting into a learning procedure?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the link.

Is there any case where the system is self-adapted after a reset or in this example after replacing the EGR? Like getting into a learning procedure?
    Basic settings are learning procedures you command them in VCDS when initiated.............indeed some basic settings are self initiated by an ECU depending on stack firmware when a key is switched on before engine running, establishing a zero line or last ADP saved to eeprom of ref during saved adaptions from wear.

This is why DTC's should be cleared and and all adaptions done when changing any AECD component as per RTFB and scanner guidance.

EGR is like sticking a garden hose in your ass and than your mouth!

Get the drift?

8. Likes zach138 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    If the EGR valve is replaced with correct part, it should just need a Basic Setting:

IDE00785 -- Adaptation of EGR valve

-Uwe-
    Uwe, may I ask if this Basic Setting is also needed when we remove and clean the EGR? Cause I am thinking to try first a good clean and then see if it needs replacing.

Additionally to access Basic Settings in my car, do I need to login first with a secure code or so?

Thanks for your time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zach138 View Post
    Uwe, may I ask if this Basic Setting is also needed when we remove and clean the EGR?
    I'm not sure. My guess is that it should probably be done at that point.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

11. Likes zach138 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your reply Uwe.

Im gonna remove and clean EGR and Throttle Body as a first step and see from there if there is a need of replacement.

One thing that I noticed is when I changed the O2 sensor (several miles and drive cycles ago...) I didn't perform any basic settings to this. Is this needed to do for the O2 sensor?

Post Thanks / Like

14. Likes zach138 liked this post