Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Boris Johnson thread

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best insult ever?

2. Likes Andy, Uwe, PetrolDave, Mike@Gendan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know I don't have anything at stake, nor do I grasp the inner machinations of current British Politics, but I'm still in favor of Brexit for one reason. You guys had a referendum, and what does it say if that just gets ignored. It sets a bad precedent if you can actually have such a referendum and it ultimately is meaningless.

Is actually Brexiting the right move for the UK? I don't know.

4. Likes Mike@Gendan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike R View Post
    I know I don't have anything at stake, nor do I grasp the inner machinations of current British Politics, but I'm still in favor of Brexit for one reason. You guys had a referendum, and what does it say if that just gets ignored. It sets a bad precedent if you can actually have such a referendum and it ultimately is meaningless.
    Playing Devil's Advocate for a minute though, the referendum outcome was 52 vs 48%, which is almost close enough to be within a statistical margin of error.
    The question was arguably too simplified, and neither side really knew how it was going to work, so a lot of untruths were used in the campaigns.
    The opposition are moving towards the idea that we should have a second vote, either to reconfirm whether the nation still want Brexit, knowing what they do now, or a vote on whether to accept whatever deal is agreed.

Unfortunately after 3 years of stalemate any option seems a bad option at the moment, as not enough thought was put in to what the results would mean before the referendum was called.
    Apparently I should put something witty or profound in here...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ Mike (squared) hmm...... I'm reminded of the apocryphal saying often attributed to Stalin (definitely, my favorite Megalomaniac): It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes!!

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

7. Likes Mike@Gendan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

9. Likes Andy, PetrolDave, NZDubNurd, TTler, Mike@Gendan liked this post