Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 09G Transmission Adaption Problem

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah but before I did the Reset Procedure in the Engine - 01 Category my shifts adapted after driving awhile. I just don't know why its taking longer to adapt this time. The 09G Transmission is very complicated to understand.
    Not really complicated at all, it's just a POS as history of VAG automatics live up to in general, no?

SSP Steamer DOG PILE 291 for your pleasure?

http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_291_d1.pdf
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

2. Likes Golftwincharged liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    try hard resetting tcm with pulling fuse, and do the process over again with vcds, test drive for a few more times and repeat, until it gets better and better, 09G requires patience and many tries, make sure the fluid level is correct, adapt the trans with correct driving steps, and maybe you can fix your abs sensors in the mean time all may inter-relate with average speed readings, just a suggestion.

4. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Golftwincharged View Post
    try hard resetting tcm with pulling fuse, and do the process over again with vcds, test drive for a few more times and repeat, until it gets better and better, 09G requires patience and many tries, make sure the fluid level is correct, adapt the trans with correct driving steps, and maybe you can fix your abs sensors in the mean time all may inter-relate with average speed readings, just a suggestion.
    You know the whole time I was driving my car with its stock solenoids (OEM), I didn't even have a 15Amp fuse powering the TCM. It wasn't until I replaced my solenoids with the incorrect large canisters, to try to fix my shifting problem is when I put the TCM fuse in. And once I added that fuse my car relearned its adaptation shortly after driving it. But now since I took out the large canisters and replaced them with my small canisters (OEM) the car is taking longer to re-adapt the 3-4 gear flare.

And by the way, the ABS light was due to me having the car in gear while on jack stands. Also, what steps/procedure did you take into relearning your shift patterns for your 09G transmission?

My Steps
    -----------
    1st - Unplug 15Amp Fuse, when car is off and wait a min.
    2nd - Plug fuse back in, and reset learned values under Auto Trans (2).
    3rd - Take vehicle for a drive until shift flare fades out.

But the shifting flares never seemed to go away yet. Any suggestions?
    - SoCalJR

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    driving 20% throttle until all gears are selected , then coast until gears downshift and comes to a complete stop within 30 seconds, try this like 10 million times, and increase throttle over period of time, if you still having shift problems ;

k2 solenoid , VB pressure related, try adjusting the k2 solenoid, k2 may need to increase pressure by turning counter clock-wise,

7. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Golftwincharged View Post
    driving 20% throttle until all gears are selected , then coast until gears downshift and comes to a complete stop within 30 seconds, try this like 10 million times, and increase throttle over period of time, if you still having shift problems ;

k2 solenoid , VB pressure related, try adjusting the k2 solenoid, k2 may need to increase pressure by turning counter clock-wise,
    Thanks for your help! After carefully adjusting the K2 Solenoid Pressure Valve a full turn and a half (1.5 turn), I can now say the flare is completely gone. I'm still going to drive it around more to get the 3-4 gear transition to a completely smooth transition.
    - SoCalJR

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    But did you check the fluid level..............
    Current:
    2018 Tiguan AD Highline 2.0 BiTDI 240hp > Stage 1+ 328hp
    2016 Polo 6C Highline 1.0 TSI 105hp

10. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He doesn't care it's turned up to "eleven", all is good now?

Time for a ride in the mountains, right OP?
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

12. Likes Golftwincharged liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterTommy View Post
    Yes, I made sure the fluid level was correct. I had an extra 1Qt bottle around to use.
    - SoCalJR

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    He doesn't care it's turned up to "eleven", all is good now?

Time for a ride in the mountains, right OP?
    you are hilarious , LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    you are hilarious , LOL
    I know....... I'm such and asshole but he did crank it up!
    His goes to 11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o

16. Likes Golftwincharged liked this post