VCDS language reprogramming query

Webbo

Reaction score
Hi guys. I am looking at purchasing a VCDS system and I wondered if it is possible to actually change the language on the vehicle instrument displays to whatever you want, as opposed to the defined 5 or 6 language options? I have seen a video on YouTube that shows a guy picking between English German Spanish and a couple others, but I wondered if there was a way to “re-code” a module with whatever language you desired, like less commonly spoken ones? Can the VCDS allow you into the real nuts and bolts of the modules to edit data at this kind of level? Thanks !

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
not gonna happen, not with VCDS at least. I believe what you want needs some firmware disassembling and re-writing. not for the faint of hearted.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Using VCDS, you can switch between whatever languages a particular cluster's firmware supports. You cannot add new languages.

-Uwe-

Webbo

Reaction score
Thank you both, that is what I suspected but I just had to ask! I am moving from the UK to a part of Turkey soon where there is a surprising (or not) lack of English spoken and figured I could start a nice little thing on the side converting instrument clusters / multimedia displays to their native tongue.. they have a lot of VAG cars out there and I’m sure there would be an appetite for it for a small fee... I might look into firmware extraction as another avenue.. 🤔 life’s too short to be fainted heart 👍🏼

Back