Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10530 - EVAP System P0456 00 [096] - Very Small Leak Detected

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lepa71 View Post
    There are no foreign devices here.
    Have you had tuner do some work on your car which involved making any changes that changed settings in the engine ECU?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, re-mapping is the part of the tune. It does add more boost. It is also known that at 60K miles N80 can start going bad. This is what I'm trying to figure out. This would a physical issue and not a software issue in tune. Again, there is no FOD, there is no catless downpipes, no K04 upgrade turbo. This 2.0 engine can handle much more boot that is getting now. I have been running this tune for the last 2 years without any issues.
    2013 Allroad Premium Plus UM stage 1
    2003 Allroad EPL Stage1+ straight downpipes catless(sold at 187K miles)

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course you car has defeats/deletes it's just it has it in programming...........

Evaporation (EVAP) Leak Detection Pump (LDP) Test

Search How too section......

https://forums.ross-tech.com/forumdi...-To-s-and-Tips

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 07-22-2019 at 09:11 AM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lepa71 View Post
    Yes, re-mapping is the part of the tune.
    Again, there is no FOD
    A tune IS FOD

5. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to the scan data & that you provided all the sensor readiness tests are bypassed & because it is impossible for them to be all ready after a DTC reset.

I'm not saying you are lying & possibly are just restating what you think you know or been told, however, really don't know or been misinformed.

Just go read how readiness tests work and than you will see you have been fed a pile of bullshit.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    According to the scan data & that you provided all the sensor readiness tests are bypassed & because it is impossible for them to be all ready after a DTC reset.

I'm not saying you are lying & possibly are just restating what you think you know or been told, however, really don't know or been misinformed.

Just go read how readiness tests work and then you will see you have been fed a pile of bullshit.
    How is this relevant to the original post. You asked me to do additional things and I did. Now you are going on this path about readiness and stuff. Why? I just simply don't get it. If you have nothing else to prove than, please, I beg you, stop responding to this thread. I don't need theoretical things with readiness and states and FOD.

I got a code and wanted to know what people think about it. Just practical things to try. You went on and on into LALA land.

Thank you for NO HELP!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    "Intermittent - Not Confirmed" DTCs are usually not a concern.

Take a look using Generic OBD-II, Mode 7 (Pending DTCs) to see if anything shows there.

-Uwe-
    This is what I expected to see or something similar.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    A tune IS FOD
    Then you should label every mile you drive as FOD.

Post Thanks / Like
    How is this relevant to the original post. You asked me to do additional things and I did. Now you are going on this path about readiness and stuff. Why? I just simply don't get it. If you have nothing else to prove than, please, I beg you, stop responding to this thread. I don't need theoretical things with readiness and states and FOD.

I got a code and wanted to know what people think about it. Just practical things to try. You went on and on into LALA land.

Thank you for NO HELP!

You are missing the point. Not La la land

My responses are not to call attention to your tuner, however, you clearly have an inability to understand how stuff works, this has nothing to do with regulations or laws, it has to do with what can we test here.

Leak tests are done with mechanical tools and or in some cases the scanner, however, only when the ECU isn't a basket case or modified FOD unit & permits the tests to be done.

If the tests are posting as "READY" & before they are even given a chance to be tested, how the hell are you supposed to use VCDS?

The tool is only as good as the data that can be initiated and queried, if the ECU spits out bullshit data or prevents the test, the tool is for a sake crippled & mechanical tests must be done.

In this case all your readiness tests are ready after a mere reset of codes, so that means each test string is shut down and preset to zero or off/READY.

Since the rear OXS sensor is used to verify the blending process of the N80 gasses from gas tank, it is very possible your tuner missed something in a table.

The N80 could be queried fast to operate or hold gasses mechanically with a mighty vac.

11. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. I will go along with your theory. I do scans quite often, maybe too often. I have not had that code 1 month ago. My tuner didn't miss anything. The UM tune is a self-adjustable tune. It probably is the most sensor depended tune out there.

I would expect that you would tell me to run a smoke test. That would be just fine. Being in IT for more than 25 years in BI world I know that data can't show everything and mechanical test can not be replaced by just data.