Thread: Not able to update ASAM-data!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Not able to update ASAM-data!

Hello,

Got my new HEX-Net today (happy as a little child)... Have set it up to connect to my Phone and I use my iPad with VCDS-Mobile for the job... works just fine, was able to do an autoscan of my car. During the process I got the message that I needed to update ASAM-data.

Try to do that, the first time I got stuck at 6kB, the second time at 1kb... now on 0kb of 477kb! Am I doing something wrong?

Golf VII, 1.6TDI BM Ed. 40 - 110 PK

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That process can be a bit glitchy at times.

Have you got a PC with VCDS on it? If so, please try updating the HEX-NET using VCIConfig.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

3. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was the first thing I did... updating the HEX-Net using VCIConfig on my PC... says everything is up-to-date...

I was able to upload the scan to the cloud. I'm wondering how the email-option works, tried it several times without any luck! Tried also to login on the cloud with my PC, it's telling me user/password is wrong!
    Last edited by Mari; 07-17-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mari View Post
    That was the first thing I did... updating the HEX-Net using VCIConfig on my PC... says everything is up-to-date...
    If that was before your Auto-Scan, it was before the HEX-NET knew what car-specific data it would need.

I can't help you with the Cloud password. Nobody can see those; we don't store the actual password, but rather a hash of it. The only thing you can do is reset it.
    https://vcds-cloud.com/pass_recovery.html

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your correct Uwe... HEX-Net didn't knew my car so didn't knew which files I needed. Did a new update, this time some data was uploaded to the HEX-Net. Hopefully collecting ASAM-data will work next time, do not always have PC by hand.

Just did a new autoscan, this time no popping up messages I had to download something

Uploading to the cloud succesfuly, emailing also succesfully... tried to email one of the previous autoscans - no result...

Cloud functions do work, so VCDS-mobile was able to login I presume... now I have to find a way to get access to the cloud when I'm on my PC.

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mari View Post
    Cloud functions do work, so VCDS-mobile was able to login I presume... now I have to find a way to get access to the cloud when I'm on my PC.
    Go here:
    https://vcds-cloud.com/

... and log in with your username and password.

-Uwe-

9. Likes Mari liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... invalid username/password... fixed it by resetting the password and changing it...

Now it's time to play around with the HEX-Net...

11. Likes Uwe liked this post