VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
From one of my former coworkers at the dealer:

Customer stated coolant light was on.......
kCqadvl.jpg

No word if Bill Murray was still in the trunk.

edit:
Was sent a copy of the RO:
Op9EmNK.jpg

Last edited:

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Was sent a copy of the RO:
So... I have questions.

1) Assuming TWRA means Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, what is the specified procedure for disposing of a dead groundhog?

2) Hasn't G12 been superseded (by G13, and then G12++ and G12+ before that) in all applications?

Jason

Reactions: Uwe

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20170419/sex-sounds-interrupt-tennis-match-at-sarasota-open

Sex sounds interrupt tennis match at Sarasota Open

“It can’t be that good,” player shouts at amorous couple.

By Doug Fernandes
Posted Apr 19, 2017 at 1:11 PM
Updated at 10:11 AM

MANATEE COUNTY — There’s love at every tennis match, but not the kind spectators were expecting Tuesday night during the Sarasota Open.

The amorous doubles team, grunting and groaning enough to make even Monica Seles blush, couldn’t be told to get a room.

They already had one, inside a condo located about 200 feet from the court at James T. Driscoll Stadium on which Americans Frances Tiafoe and Mitchell Krueger were attempting to play a first-round match without being subjected to a case of, you know, tennis interruptus.

An audible one.

“Yeah, because it’s quiet while you’re playing, obviously. You could hear a pin drop and it was, yeah, interesting,” said Open director Tony Driscoll.

Taifoe and Krueger played along when sounds of the “playing along” from an open window became a distraction.

Everyone did, including announcer Mike Cation on the Challenger Tour livestream broadcast, who mistakenly said a phone was going off in the stands. He then attempted to clarify, calling the sounds coming from the cell consistent with those of an “adult video.”

Krueger started the player participation portion of the Sarasota Wish-The-Window-Wasn’t-Open by swatting a ball — “INCOMING!” — in the direction of the dynamic duo. When that failed to put a sock in it, the 19-year-old Taifoe turned toward the shameless love makers and shouted, “It can’t be that good.”

Even if your typical 19-year-old wouldn’t know “good” from “meh,” it served to restore some semblance of dignity to the proceedings. At least it gave some of the spectators who weren’t chuckling a chance to remove the hands covering their ears.

“It was light-hearted and then the players got involved in it, making comments,” Driscoll said, “so it became very light-hearted, so it was taken in a good way.”

It continued afterwards, with Cation tweeting it sounded like “you guys had a good time.” Krueger tweeted he wondered if the incident would make him “viral.” Tiafoe responded that the two went viral a “long time ago.”

The incident has given Driscoll and his tournament more publicity than could be had through a thousand appearances of Roger Federer. He’s gotten emails from countries in Europe, as well as all the tennis federations and outlets.

“Everybody,” Driscoll said. He’s busy running the tournament, so he’s having his staff handle media interested in the Sarasota remake of “Rear Window.”

The whole sordid mess took less than a minute, but for those interested in what the racket’s all about, go to sarasotaopen.com, then follow the “live stream” and “archive” links.

Don’t worry. Except for the legs of tennis players in shorts, there isn’t any nudity.

“It’s only public because the players got involved,” Driscoll said. “We don’t solicit those actions and we don’t want that, but it’s also a part of the natural surroundings.”

Yeah, sorta like “Naked and Afraid,” minus the fear. Years ago we had Pee Wee in the movie theater. Now, the randy couple in the condo.

Because as everyone knows, love means never having to say . . . “PIPE DOWN!”

vaskoto1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=67648
stepmom to snow-white:
oh, dear! you seem to have gained a bit... want me to let you in on a killer diet with apples?

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Republicans Accuse Voters of Using Town Halls to Express Themselves

by Andy Borowitz

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/

Saying “Enough is enough,” Republican senators on Friday angrily accused their constituents of “intentionally and opportunistically” using recent town-hall meetings as vehicles to express themselves.

One of the angriest Republicans, Senator Tom Cotton, of Arkansas, said he was “disgusted and offended” by the “flagrant exercise of freedom of speech” he witnessed at his town hall.

“The spectacle of people standing up, asking their elected representatives questions, and expecting them to answer is the most disgraceful thing I’ve ever experienced,” Cotton said. “This will not stand.”

Cotton accused “outside agitators” of sending voters to the town halls “to cynically exploit an obscure provision in the Constitution called the First Amendment.”

“I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but isn’t it a little suspicious that, in town hall after town hall, all these voters were so well-versed in one tiny sentence in the Constitution?” he said. “It doesn’t pass the smell test.”

While Cotton said that he would consider participating in future town halls, he warned that some modifications to the town-hall format were necessary, such as banning voters from the events.

“We need to send a strong message to these people,” he said. “A town-hall meeting is not a time for everyone in town to come to a hall and meet.”

dafrazi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=173774
Republicans Accuse Voters of Using Town Halls to Express Themselves

by Andy Borowitz

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/

Saying “Enough is enough,” Republican senators on Friday angrily accused their constituents of “intentionally and opportunistically” using recent town-hall meetings as vehicles to express themselves.

One of the angriest Republicans, Senator Tom Cotton, of Arkansas, said he was “disgusted and offended” by the “flagrant exercise of freedom of speech” he witnessed at his town hall.

“The spectacle of people standing up, asking their elected representatives questions, and expecting them to answer is the most disgraceful thing I’ve ever experienced,” Cotton said. “This will not stand.”

Cotton accused “outside agitators” of sending voters to the town halls “to cynically exploit an obscure provision in the Constitution called the First Amendment.”

“I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but isn’t it a little suspicious that, in town hall after town hall, all these voters were so well-versed in one tiny sentence in the Constitution?” he said. “It doesn’t pass the smell test.”

While Cotton said that he would consider participating in future town halls, he warned that some modifications to the town-hall format were necessary, such as banning voters from the events.

“We need to send a strong message to these people,” he said. “A town-hall meeting is not a time for everyone in town to come to a hall and meet.”

There is always a good bit of truth in well written satire. Tom Cotton did seem legitimately upset on the news after he got roughed up in the subject Town Hall meeting.

Flaps10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219700
IMG_20170420_140532.jpg
We have a place to put surplus items at work. Someone put this out last week

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Sadly, the Mighty Dodge is out of commission. Smells like it cracked a fuel injector line on the way home from work, and threw a MIL as I was turning onto my street. I was too disgusted to open the hood or pull the code..... :(

It finally stopped raining long enough to construct the scaffolding and climb under the hood to take a look. Sure enough, the feed line to injector #4 is blowing diesel fuel straight up in the air like the Old Faithful geyser. :(

Dodge has discovered that due to some funky resonance in the injector pulses at highway RPM's, the clamping bolt that is supposed to hold the line from vibrating backs itself out...causing the line to pop from fatigue. Cummins has a re-designed part available, but all that's available locally is OEM knockoffs of the original bad design. Long story short, the upgraded part will be arriving mid-week.

On the bright side, the Mighty Dodge has yet to leave me stranded on the side of the road in the 8.5 years that I've owned it.....

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It finally stopped raining long enough to construct the scaffolding and climb under the hood to take a look. Sure enough, the feed line to injector #4 is blowing diesel fuel straight up in the air like the Old Faithful geyser. :(

Dodge has discovered that due to some funky resonance in the injector pulses at highway RPM's, the clamping bolt that is supposed to hold the line from vibrating backs itself out...causing the line to pop from fatigue. Cummins has a re-designed part available, but all that's available locally is OEM knockoffs of the original bad design. Long story short, the upgraded part will be arriving mid-week.

On the bright side, the Mighty Dodge has yet to leave me stranded on the side of the road in the 8.5 years that I've owned it.....
How many miles on it?

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
How many miles on it?

Only 134K miles. I say "only" because the ISB engine is rated by Cummins for 350K miles between majors in commercial applications, and I figure that it is a lifetime investment at this point. Then again, my paltry 10 mile commute is probably abusing the engine more than commercial applications would, since that 1,200 pound (~550 Kg) lump of American iron under the hood doesn't even get warm enough to open the thermostat for five months out of every year.....

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
The Mighty Dodge lives again!!! The upgraded #4 injector line came in from Cummins today, and it took about 1/2 hour to install in the drizzle outside. Still need to take it for a test romp and clear the low rail pressure MIL, but it started up fine once the rail re-pressurized and doesn't appear to be leaking.

Oh, and before Jack calls BS that I did it myself since I didn't call him for help, this is after three rounds of goop hand cleaner:

9743D7D3-E89C-4355-AA0D-FFFF3A92F705_zpso8sq0fxs.jpg

Being productive on my paid day in Chaney's secret bunker.....

Back