Page 329 of 335 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 3345

Thread: ... it was funny to me....

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    is the suv supposed to be holding the house, or the house supposed to hold the suv?

either way, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near it.

lol

2. Likes PetrolDave, Uwe, DV52 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Well, it's not like Australia doesn't get them. I think you guys just call them "cyclones".

Of course I do see that none of them come down to where you are in Melbourne.

As far as will that work? That place looks like it would fall down if someone's car back-fired in its general direction, so I guess every little bit helps?

-Uwe-

PS: Have a look here.
    Uwe: yes we do call them cyclones - there seems to be some conjecture by Mr Google as to the meaning of the 2 x words (the other being "hurricane" - and the third being "typhoon"). Some say the terms are synonymous, some say that the latitude of the event is the distinguishing variable - there is even the suggestion that a threshold wind speed of 74 mph is the deliminator (what in God's name is "mph' anyway?). All semantics I guess for anyone experiencing any form of this weather phenomenon.

And yes, the South East region of Australia is where Melbourne's unique Cyclone-force-field has been operating for some time. It's very effective as the BOM (not to be confused with "bomb")map shows. It's our little secret - don't tell anyone, or everyone will want one of these!!!

Don

PS: tragic video from Bahamas!!
    Last edited by DV52; 09-07-2019 at 08:13 PM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    And yes, the South East region of Australia is where Melbourne's unique Cyclone-force-field has been operating for some time. It's very effective as the BOM (not to be confused with "bomb")map shows. It's our little secret - don't tell anyone, or everyone will want one of these!!!
    Don't get over-confident. The force-field in Halifax, Nova Scotia seems to have failed.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/5871056/h...photos-canada/

For perspective, Halifax is further from the equator (and hence the tropics) that the southernmost point in Tasmania.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ Uwe: Thanks for the cautionary comment

Alas however, you have forgotten the signal most importance difference between South East Australia and Nova Scotia: the former is God's country and the latter is.........well... just like every other place on this fragile blue planet (no offense intended to Nova Scotia folk). Difference = the protection of an omnipotent deity (but only if Aussies keep believing- and we keep denying global warming!! )

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Post Thanks / Like
    Jumping in on the bandwagon...

We had some interesting weather here in NZ last night. The rain came and went, but wasn't overly heavy for long.

The scary part was the lightning and thunder - it was direct overhead (we have sheet lightning, generally) there was no real delay between the lightning and thunder, but they both went on for a long time! It was SOOOOO loud, the light in our bedroom was rattling! I've never heard it rattle, even when the door slams. The lightning was lighting up our bedroom, and all the blinds were closed. It looked like someone turned the hallway light on. I could FEEL my body vibrating! I have NEVER felt lightning like that.
    Allan
    The R32ran Thread
    How to post a full Auto-Scan
    "Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound"

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.foxnews.com/auto/trump-l...cted-offensive

Trump' license plate rejected for being offensive
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    forgive me if this was submitted here before- I like it

I went to the bar last night and saw a fat chick dancing on a table.
    I said to her, "Nice legs."
    The girl giggled and said with a smile, "Do you really think so."
    I said "Definitely, most tables would have collapsed by now."

9. Likes Uwe, DV52, D-Dub, NZDubNurd liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.autoevolution.com/news/t...od-137594.html
    Tilted TDI" Is One Crazy Jetta Locomotive Rolling Coal Through the Hood
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

11. Likes D-Dub liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    a squirrel accidentally tried a sip of whiskey and immediately realized the reason she had been collecting hazelnuts her entire life...

13. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    the advantage of having whole-wheat cookies for breakfast is that when you run out-you can eat the box as well... tastes almost the same...

15. Likes Uwe, D-Dub, NZDubNurd liked this post