... it was funny to me....

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Well, it's not like Australia doesn't get them. I think you guys just call them "cyclones".

Of course I do see that none of them come down to where you are in Melbourne.

As far as will that work? That place looks like it would fall down if someone's car back-fired in its general direction, so I guess every little bit helps? :confused:

-Uwe-

PS: Have a look here.

Uwe: yes we do call them cyclones - there seems to be some conjecture by Mr Google as to the meaning of the 2 x words (the other being "hurricane" - and the third being "typhoon"). Some say the terms are synonymous, some say that the latitude of the event is the distinguishing variable - there is even the suggestion that a threshold wind speed of 74 mph is the deliminator (what in God's name is "mph' anyway?). All semantics I guess for anyone experiencing any form of this weather phenomenon.

And yes, the South East region of Australia is where Melbourne's unique Cyclone-force-field has been operating for some time. It's very effective as the BOM (not to be confused with "bomb")map shows. It's our little secret - don't tell anyone, or everyone will want one of these!!! ;)

Don

PS: tragic video from Bahamas!!

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
And yes, the South East region of Australia is where Melbourne's unique Cyclone-force-field has been operating for some time. It's very effective as the BOM (not to be confused with "bomb")map shows. It's our little secret - don't tell anyone, or everyone will want one of these!!! ;)
Don't get over-confident. The force-field in Halifax, Nova Scotia seems to have failed.
https://globalnews.ca/news/5871056/hurricane-dorian-photos-canada/

For perspective, Halifax is further from the equator (and hence the tropics) that the southernmost point in Tasmania. :eek:

-Uwe-

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^ Uwe: Thanks for the cautionary comment

Alas however, you have forgotten the signal most importance difference between South East Australia and Nova Scotia: the former is God's country and the latter is.........well... just like every other place on this fragile blue planet (no offense intended to Nova Scotia folk). Difference = the protection of an omnipotent deity (but only if Aussies keep believing- and we keep denying global warming!! ;))

Don

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
Jumping in on the bandwagon...

We had some interesting weather here in NZ last night. The rain came and went, but wasn't overly heavy for long.

The scary part was the lightning and thunder - it was direct overhead (we have sheet lightning, generally) there was no real delay between the lightning and thunder, but they both went on for a long time! It was SOOOOO loud, the light in our bedroom was rattling! I've never heard it rattle, even when the door slams. The lightning was lighting up our bedroom, and all the blinds were closed. It looked like someone turned the hallway light on. I could FEEL my body vibrating! I have NEVER felt lightning like that.

Da Tow'd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=217062
forgive me if this was submitted here before- I like it

I went to the bar last night and saw a fat chick dancing on a table.
I said to her, "Nice legs."
The girl giggled and said with a smile, "Do you really think so."
I said "Definitely, most tables would have collapsed by now."

vaskoto1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=67648
a squirrel accidentally tried a sip of whiskey and immediately realized the reason she had been collecting hazelnuts her entire life...

Reactions: Uwe

vaskoto1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=67648
the advantage of having whole-wheat cookies for breakfast is that when you run out-you can eat the box as well... tastes almost the same...

vaskoto1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=67648
hey, man. what's up?
not much, i'm watching a weight lifting competition on tv...
men or women?
well, i still can't figure that out...

------------------------------------------------------------

last night, passing by the gym i read a slogan: you can do more!
turned around, went back to the pub and had couple more...

-------------------------------------------------------------

gray, misty, cold, wet and miserable day.
at the cemetery two men are burying their wives...
- what a miserable day...
- well, yes, you're right, but look what a good job we did!

-------------------------------------------------------------

cheese "Gorgonzola". heck! it sounds like it's gonna eat me!

vaskoto1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=67648
an ambulance driver:
-hey, doc, look at this guy? three times in a row in the e.r. he junky or something?
-nope. the guy just got married a month ago. his wife still learns to cook...

vaskoto1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=67648
scrolling along in the small adds section i read:
man 40 years looks for sex.
then the real question dawned on me... is it a missing comma, or a huge tragedy?

Da Tow'd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=217062
While Bubba and Billy Bob were in the local Wal-Mart, they decided to get in on the weekly charity raffle.

They bought five tickets each at a dollar a pop. The following week, when the raffle was drawn, each had won a prize. Billy Bob won 1st place- a year's supply of gourmet spaghetti sauce and extra long spaghetti. Bubba won 6th prize- a toilet brush. About a week or so had passed when the men met back at Wal-Mart.

Bubba asked Billy Bob how he liked his prize, to which Billy Bob replied, "Great!, I love spaghetti!"

Billy Bob asked Bubba, "How 'bout you, how's the toilet brush?"

"Not so good," replied Bubba, "I'm thinking 'bout switching back to paper."

Morski

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=90186
A rich millionaire decides to throw a massive party for his 50th birthday, so during this party he grabs the microphone and he announces to his guests that down in the garden of his mansion he has a swimming pool with two crocodiles in it.

'I will give anything they desire of mine, to the man who swims across that pool.' So the party continues with no events in the pool, until suddenly, there is a great splash and all the guests of the party run to the pool to see what has happened.

In the pool is a man and he is swimming as hard as he can, and the tails come out of the water and the jaws are snapping and this guy just keeps on going and the crocodiles are gaining on him and this guy reaches the end and he gets out of the pool, tired and soaked.

The millionaire grabs the microphone and says, 'I am a man of my word, anything of mine I will give, my Ferraris, my house, absolutely anything, for you are the bravest man I have ever seen. So sir what will it be?' the millionaire asks.

The guy grabs the microphone and says, 'Why don't we start with the name of the bastard that pushed me in!

vaskoto1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=67648
two cowboys bumped into each other in a bar, after a few drinks.
- i got to tell you. i'm considered the fastest hand in the entire wild west!
-well, alright. but i still prefer women...

vaskoto1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=67648
...and said god to noah:
you better make backup, 'cause i'm gonna format...

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
NgpURhA.png

-Uwe-

Back