C?ID=31688
kayak_battleship.jpg

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Anyone who knows Jack@European_Parts, he preaches buying pre-paid cell phones with refill minutes to avoid the taxes and fees that come with a regular phone plan.

Last Thursday, he noticed that the clock on his latest Fisher Price :D cell phone was an hour slow, and asked me what could be wrong. I told him that he was obviously low on minutes, and needed to buy another 60 minutes to make the clock read correctly! (Obviously, it never adjusted for daylight savings time.)

Hey, it was funny to me..... :)

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
In case anyone didn't recognize the person in the above photo, it is Buzz Aldrin. For the Gen-Y people reading this, the old dude above was the second person to walk on the moon...NOT a Disney/Pixar character..... :thumbs:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yep. and whatever you do, do NOT call him "a coward and a liar".

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
As I sit here and watch the snow pile up outside singing "I'm dreaming of a white EASTER," I cannot bring myself to "like" the above post with the owl picture.

I saw a temperature graph showing that the month of February was the second warmest on record for the entire planet, except for the northeast USA. I can still ice skate on the Hudson River under the I-84 bridge (unusual for even February in a normal year due to brackish water), and calendar spring arrives this weekend.....

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
calendar spring arrives this weekend.....
Nope, the vernal equinox is.. TODAY, Friday, March 20, which is why the damn owl pic was "funny to me". :p

Jack88

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=242298
With Easter coming up, I thought this might be appropriate.
Had+it+coming+to+him+free+carrots+http+adfly+s3jv2_670f13_4683254.jpg

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
As I sit here and watch the snow pile up outside singing "I'm dreaming of a white EASTER," I cannot bring myself to "like" the above post with the owl picture.

I saw a temperature graph showing that the month of February was the second warmest on record for the entire planet, except for the northeast USA. I can still ice skate on the Hudson River under the I-84 bridge (unusual for even February in a normal year due to brackish water), and calendar spring arrives this weekend.....

vrehihen: I've got a different take on this time of year as I sit here and watch the heat haze shimmer off the road and the parched grassy slopes outside the house - producing a kind of mirage effect. Guess the grass is always greener some where else (but not up there where you are because the grass is white!)

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Guess the grass is always greener some where else (but not up there where you are because the grass is white!)

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...or equator! :) Seriously though, we has another 10cm+ of the white crap fall yesterday through last night. Looking at the long-term temperature forecast, it is possible that some of the snow on the ground will make it until Easter without melting. I'm not even mentioning the condition of the pavement after this harsh winter. They are completely closing multi-lane divided highways nearby for several days to fill in the potholes, because the roads are so trashed that they can't just close one lane at a time to fix it.....

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
This does NOT feel like spring!

h9ntaCC.jpg

That's the view out my front door this morning. :facepalm:

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
IMG_2753.jpg

(Spoof of a USA jewelry store ad campaign, where a guy is proposing to his girlfriend and everyone sees the ring box and says "He went to Jarrod.")

Back