Page 319 of 320 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320 LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 3193

Thread: ... it was funny to me....

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    santa or not, better not come breachin my door, else he gonna be receiving some bad boy presents

2. Likes Uwe, Eric, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was installing a new door and found that one of the hinges was missing.
    I asked my wife if she would go to Lowes and pick up a hinge. She agreed
    to go. While she was waiting for the manager, Charlie, to finish serving a
    customer, her eye caught a beautiful bathroom faucet. When the manager was
    finished, She asked him, "How much is that faucet?

The manager replied, "That's a gold plated faucet and the price is $500.00."

She exclaimed, "My goodness, that's an expensive faucet - certainly out of
    my price range.." She then proceeded to describe the hinge that I had sent
    her to buy. The manager said that he had them in stock and it was $3.49.
    He then went into the storeroom to get one.

From the storeroom, the manager yelled. "Ma'am, you wanna screw for the
    hinge?"

She shouted back, "No, but I will for the faucet."

This is why you can't send a woman to Lowes

4. Likes jyoung8607, PetrolDave, Uwe, NZDubNurd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    I need that sign!!! - GPS's take people down 2 local "roads" - one is a paper road, that has never been formed... I had a visitor who was concerned his Vanagon Syncro wasn't going to make it! The other... sends people down a dend end road to a narrow footbridge! There was a drive-in river crossing, but it was bypassed by a perfectly usuable road about 70 years ago... GPS's haven't caught up yet :-D...
    Allan
    The R32ran Thread
    How to post a full Auto-Scan
    "Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound"

8. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NZDubNurd View Post
    I need that sign!!! - GPS's take people down 2 local "roads" - one is a paper road, that has never been formed... I had a visitor who was concerned his Vanagon Syncro wasn't going to make it! The other... sends people down a dend end road to a narrow footbridge! There was a drive-in river crossing, but it was bypassed by a perfectly usuable road about 70 years ago... GPS's haven't caught up yet :-D...
    We had a couple of those back when we were using a Garmin on bike trips in the mid 2000s. My V-Strom might have been suitable for some of those roads, but Eric's ZZR, not so much. I especially liked it when it tried to make us take ferries across rivers (and the ferries had a very lax schedule) despite the option "Avoid Ferries" being selected. "No, Mr. Garmin, we're not waiting here for a couple of hours for the next ferry when we can go 15 minutes up-river and cross a bridge!".

10. Likes NZDubNurd, PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Followup to the Mexijetta(TM):

Mexijetta dust ... don't inhale that.

12. Likes jyoung8607, Eric, Uwe, D-Dub, PetrolDave and 1 others liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    UWE, you still ride?, did 10 days last year in Idaho salmon river wilderness area, most of it Vstrom doable, some a little edgy, stunning country.

My first close encounter with wolves. They would come in close at night, not a threat just talking all night.

LARIMORE

14. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Manton View Post
    UWE, you still ride?
    Haven't been out in years.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    A guy walks into a bar and demands a shot of 12-yr old malt.

The barman says to himself "Rude bastard, he'll never know the difference," so he pours a shot of 2-year old blended whisky.

The guy takes one sip, spits it out and shouts at the barman: "Oi, I said 12-year old malt!"

The barman is unimpressed and tries to foist him off with some 6-year old scotch. The guy takes a sip...same reaction. But the barman is still unwilling to give in and he pours a shot of 10-year old scotch. Again, same reaction from the customer.

Finally, the barman has to concede that the guy is a connoisseur and he serves him his original request for a glass of 12-year-old malt. The guy takes a sip and is at last satisfied.

All the while this has been going on, a drunk at the end of the bar has been watching. He slides a shot glass down the bar to the customer and slurs: "Shay mishter, tashte this!"

The guy duly obliges but spits it out immediately. "Ugh ! It tastes like piss," he shoots back at the drunk.

The drunk replies: "It ish. How old would you shay I am ?"

17. Likes D-Dub, NZDubNurd, Uwe, jyoung8607, PetrolDave liked this post