... it was funny to me....

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Only in Cleveland..... :p

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/12/browns_perfect_season_parade_r.html

Browns Perfect Season Parade reaches Kickstarter fundraising goal, thanks to Excedrin

Updated December 7, 2017 at 11:18 AM
Posted December 7, 2017 at 11:08 AM
By Anne Nickoloff, cleveland.com anickoloff@cleveland.com

browns-perfect-season-parade-2d30053c5642a925.jpg

Excedrin, a headache medicine company, donated $7,683 to the Browns Perfect Season Parade fundraising campaign. (Image courtesy Chris McNeil)

CLEVELAND, Ohio - The Browns Perfect Season Parade, a project started by Twitter-famous sports commentator Reflog_18 (aka Cleveland sports fan Chris McNeil), has officially been fully funded.

The parade, which had a $10,000 goal on Kickstarter, received 72 donations total in one month. Many small contributions had trickled in by Kickstarter users, ranging from $5 to $1,000.

But, the bulk of the money was raised by Excedrin, a headache medicine company. Excedrin donated $7,683 to the campaign.

In a press release, Scott Yacovino, Senior Brand Manager of Excedrin stated:

"All sports fans have felt a team, game or even single play-induced headache at some point. This season has been especially painful for Cleveland football fans. We want them to know we understand their pain and we're here to help."

That's why Excedrin is so proud to sponsor the Perfect Season Parade...supporting Cleveland fans' attempt to embrace the silver lining and excitement around celebrating an 0-16 'Perfect' not-so- perfect season. It's truly heartbreaking - and headache inducing - to watch your favorite team fall short, and we hope the headache relief we can provide will help make January 6th truly special."

Now, Reflog will be able to put together a parade in the event that the Browns don't win any games this season (only four more games to go).

The parade would take place on Jan. 6, 2018. Money from the fundraiser will be used for security, restrooms and medical staff for the parade, according to the Kickstarter page.

If the Browns pull through and win a game before the season is over, all the funds raised on Kickstarter will be donated to the Cleveland Food Bank.

Needless to say, Reflog_18 and many of his followers had plenty to say on Twitter.

Fundraising can be such a headache- good thing I got @Excedrin. [?] [?]

Thanks to the good people at @Excedrin for their support of the #PerfectSeasonParade pic.twitter.com/nrMnLwxOBj

-- McNeil (@Reflog_18) December 7, 2017
Excedrin should market to Cleveland fans and make a "Browns strength" pill. Chris you're a damn genius

-- [?]mandy[?] (@GuinMilBuck) December 7, 2017
Maybe Sashi Brown could use an @Excedrin... pic.twitter.com/ar3tgOcnga

-- McNeil (@Reflog_18) December 7, 2017
Thanks @excedrin! #browns need something to relieve their headaches!! pic.twitter.com/HczELsgBHT

-- KevIndians (@k23kelly) December 7, 2017
Wow. @Excedrin feels our pain. Awesome! [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] https://t.co/rWaxB7Ahmg

-- Mary E. Gilmore (@maryegilmore) December 7, 2017
Excedrin funding and sponsoring an "0-16 Perfect Season Parade" is amazing sponsorship for the brand. #sportsbiz #BrownsHeadache

-- Zach Seybert (@zlseybert) December 7, 2017
How cool! I love @Excedrin and, of course, being a Browns fan is the cause of many aches and pains. [?]

-- Kelley Edwards (@kedwards7275) December 7, 2017

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
I'm surprised that nobody asked how I obtained a few gallons of holy water to load up the super soaker. Let's just say that the holy water mafia shared with me the secret of where holy water comes from, and the whole holy-ification process. Despite rumors to the contrary, it doesn't come from bottles filled at a secret cistern under the Vatican. It's more like water what's in a toilet? Brawndo for the win! :D

Speaking of water and imaginary friends, I have a six pack of this stuff on my Amazon wishlist:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012D28DV0/

vreihen: and on the same topic........................ here's another example of the nonsense water based products that some folk are willing to sell and clearly some are willing to buy. This one is from long ago and it's apparently such a powerful brew that it comes with the warning "always open bottle under water" (it should have been advertised as "dehydrated H2O" - just add water)!! :D

Don

B4D53m9CIAAJzqj.jpg

Last edited:

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
For those keeping score at home, my plug-in hybrid experiment failed me miserably overnight. With temps only -5 yesterday, the heater was able to melt the snow enough to run into the door/window seals. When it dropped to -17 overnight, the heater lost the battle for keeping the water in said door/window seals in a liquid form. QED, I have a trucksicle in the driveway right now that I can't get in to, and one less vacation day in the bank at work..... :(

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^ being from a place where the white-stuff is very rarely seen and when it is seen, it's very sparse- your tales of woe makes me think that perhaps a "white Christmas" ain't all that good!!:D

You could always emigrate to warmer climes?

Don

PS:If you need someone to vouch for your good standing in society on your Australian immigration papers, give me a shout although it's better to have a penal conviction when contemplating coming to Australia. And, even without the legendary "vreihen-millions", you could live like a king down here with the USD/AUD exchange rate

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?4111-cheaters-recalls-discuss&p=116578&viewfull=1#post116578

Your experience is different to mine, and your level of cynicism higher (very few people who know me would believe that anyone can be more cynical than me...), so I think we might as well end discussion of this subject here as we're not going to agree on this one.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
PS:If you need someone to vouch for your good standing in society on your Australian immigration papers, give me a shout although it's better to have a penal conviction when contemplating coming to Australia. And, even without the legendary "vreihen-millions", you could live like a king down here with the USD/AUD exchange rate

Although I appreciate the offer, you must remember that I am not allowed to pass through your silly Customs examination because of the albatross hanging around my neck...something about being afraid that I will become a burden on your limited socialized medical system.

20170920191601-895561de.jpg

Regarding the prison waiver, does returning a library book one day late qualify for being shipped off to a penal colony? Does the added detail that the book in question was "The Satanic Verses" by Salman Rushdie make a difference????? :p

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Cleanup, aisle one..... :facepalm:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/01/08/nj-transit-police-suv-hoboken-terminal/

Stolen Police SUV Slams Into Hoboken Ferry Terminal

January 8, 2018 at 2:06 pm

HOBOKEN, N.J. (CBSNewYork/AP) — A person jumped into a police K-9 SUV and drove it into the waiting room doors at the Hoboken rail terminal, according to NJ TRANSIT.

The suspect was arrested after the incident, which took place around 8 a.m. Monday.

Police said the the person stole the NJ TRANSIT police vehicle that was sitting near the terminal, drove in and made a hard right aiming for the waiting area and kept trying to crash through metal bars there several times, CBS2’s Meg Baker reported.

“It was a huge bang noise. Then we heard it again and I was like ‘Wait a minute what’s going on?'” said Evelyn Soto who was working inside the terminal at the New York Waterways ticket booth. “I just wanted to leave. I didn’t know what was going on. It’s crazy.”

Commuter Damian Sauter is thankful she missed the mayhem.

“Definitely scary, kind of shocking,” she said.

image-uploaded-from-ios.jpg

A person jumped into a police K-9 SUV and drove it into the waiting room doors at the Hoboken rail terminal, according to NJ TRANSIT. (credit: CNN)

“You just don’t know what is going to happen you just have to always keep track of what’s going on around you,” said a New York Waterways employee who arrived to work just as the scene was being cleared.

George, who was in the terminal at the time of the incident, feared it was terrorism.

“I think it’s deliberate because look at everything else going on in the world,” he said.

Meg Baker
@megbakertv
@NJTRANSIT SUV stolen near #HobokenTerminal then crashed into waiting area doors. No injuries, suspect apprehended @CBSNewYork

9:53 AM - Jan 8, 2018

But police believe it may have been a crime of opportunity, 1010 WINS’ Al Jones reported. Detectives are trying to determine the intent of the suspect, whose name was not released, NJ TRANSIT spokeswoman Nancy Snyder said.

No injuries were reported, but the crash caused significant damage to the waiting room doors.

Train service was not impacted, however the ticket windows are closed and the on-board ticket purchasing surcharge has been waived.

A temporary waiting room and restroom have been made available on Track 8.

DTBdT1eVoAARXLC.jpg

Karen Bischer
@kbischer

Couldn't enter Hoboken terminal waiting room and was a little confused because it looked fine, then got around to the ferry terminal and saw this (that's the ferry entrance to the waiting room). Hope everyone is okay. @HiddenHoboken

8:42 AM - Jan 8, 2018

The SUV has since been removed from the scene.

Police and the FBI are investigating.

(© Copyright 2018 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
So, I was in an employee morale "rah, rah" presentation today at work. The speaker was trying to tell people to have fun at work, and at several points put a few random people in attendance on the spot with fast questions.

He hit me with a question, "What do you consider a good day at work?"

My even quicker answer was a sarcastic, "Any day that I don't put a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger."

The baby boomers laughed.

The millennial snowflakes gasped.

Somebody followed the early alert procedure, used to anonymously report employees in emotional distress.

HR was notified.

My boss' boss came to my office, saying that someone was concerned that I was going to commit suicide.

A counselor stopped by out of the blue to pay a visit.

They have a person sitting next to my desk right now, watching me work.

Yes, mister employee morale "rah, rah" speaker, this is how I have fun at work!!!!! :D

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
I never cease to be amazed at the profundity of children and at the profanity of adults!! In respect of the former - this morning's read of the Washington Post (yes. fake news media) :

Washington Post said:
According to the Washington Post, Bret Turner, a teacher at the Head-Royce school in the San Francisco Bay Area, prepared a short riddle for his first graders on Tuesday as part of his puzzle-of-the-week series. "I am the beginning of everything, the end of everywhere. I'm the beginning of eternity, the end of time and space. What am I?".................

"The first guess from one of my 1st graders was 'death' and such an awed, somber, reflective hush fell over the class that I didn’t want to tell them that actually the answer is the letter e, which just seemed so banal in the moment,"

Don

Last edited:

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
^^^^^ Can I have "a big bang" for $1,000 please, Alex????? ^^^^^ :D

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
So, I was in an employee morale "rah, rah" presentation today at work. The speaker was trying to tell people to have fun at work, and at several points put a few random people in attendance on the spot with fast questions.

My even quicker answer was a sarcastic, "Any day that I don't put a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger."

Somebody followed the early alert procedure, used to anonymously report employees in emotional distress.

HR was notified.

My boss' boss came to my office, saying that someone was concerned that I was going to commit suicide.

Yes, mister employee morale "rah, rah" speaker, this is how I have fun at work!!!!! :D

vreihen: The "humanist" in me thinks that you have an employer that genuinely cares about the mental health of its staff (albeit an employer that could benefit from a better sense of humor)!! The cynic in me thinks that having been advised of your potential appetite for hand-gun caliber bullets (lead poisoning too?), you have an employer that is trying to mitigate the well known risks of your American propensity for litigation!

Of course the two explanations are not mutually exclusive (nor are they jointly exhaustive) - but only you can tell me which is the more likely?

Don

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

HR was notified.

1 on 1............?

1 == 1 is a equality check which simply means “Is 1 equal to 1?” as == is a Python Comparison Operator which simply means “If the values of two operands are equal, then the condition becomes true”. It can be a boolean conditional test which would return True.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Funny story - I co-chair the committee that put together today's employee development events, and both of us were working totally outside of our job descriptions with the HR director to build the presentation tracks, line up speakers, and basically assemble a half-day conference for 200+ people with multiple tracks. The budget for putting this event together was $0.00, and you can imagine the sales/bartering job it took to get people to speak for free. The bean counters subsequently decided to spring for a real keynote speaker and cold sandwiches for lunch. Because of my past experience from managing motorsports events, I had hands-on experience planning/operating conferences in hotels and such. I was cool as a cucumber as the other co-chair and the HR director were sweating things out.

The early alert procedure thing is actually funded through gob'ment grants, to have everyone look out for both people who might hurt themselves or may be a threat to hurt others. I was actually working closely with that group's chair (in his regular job hat) and a vendor to do a software upgrade while everyone was out of their offices today. He saw first hand that I was happy and not stressed, and knows my sense of humor. I had no intention of setting off the emergency alert procedure, and was glad that someone called off the hounds before they confiscated the scissors out of my desk drawer! :p

Long story short, the fact that we were able to even have this event shows that my employer has at least the appearance of caring for their employees. As for which is more likely, they did spring for cold sandwiches for everyone...but not coffee/pastries beforehand. Considering that one of the presentations was a lecture in why pastries and sugary drinks are evil, that may actually be a good thing..... :facepalm:

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
https://www.sfgate.com/technology/article/Woman-returns-Christmas-tree-to-Costco-because-12491223.php

Woman returns Christmas tree to Costco 'because it's dead'

By Mike Moffitt, SFGATE Updated 12:26 pm, Thursday, January 11, 2018

Costco's magnanimous return policy was severely tested last week in Santa Clarita, Calif., when a woman returned her Christmas tree to the big-box store and asked for a full refund "because it was dead."

And even though Yule fur trees are pretty much dead once you chop them down a month or so before Christmas, she got her refund, according to another customer.

Scott Bentley was so outraged the woman's chutzpah, he posted a photo he took of her along with his commentary on Facebook.

I can't make this stuff up," Bentley wrote. "Woman in line at Costco, totally nonchalant, to return her Christmas tree 'because it is dead' on January 4.

"If I didn't see it, I wouldn't believe that someone had so little morel [sic] values or lack of conscience."

While he did note that the woman did get shamed by store personnel and other customers — "to a small degree," he was also angry at Costco for allowing the "ridiculous" return.

A picture accompanying the post showed a woman with a red "X" over her face standing with a dead Christmas tree at the Costco customer service counter.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Another funny HR story. For over 30 years, I have been the person who HR contacts to disable computer access minutes before they fire someone. Needless to say, I have come to dread 3:00 PM on a Friday, since the phone ringing usually means that one of my fellow employees is getting the axe, fired, sacked, off-boarded, P45, you get the idea.

At 3:00 PM yesterday (Friday), I received a priority inter-office envelope from HR with my name on it...and the envelope was pink. I don't know if it is a global thing, but here in the USA a "pink slip" means that someone is being fired. Needless to say, I was feeling more than chest pains as I opened the envelope...

...it was a hand-written thank you card from the HR director for my help in putting together the employee development event on Wednesday.

Who said that HR people don't have a sense of humor????? :D

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
vreihen: I'm not sure if you are a code-cutter as well as a computer expert. If so, perhaps a small sub routine can be added in the system that constantly checks for your own employee records. When someone else is requested to perform the same function for your departure, a small version of system-Armageddon could be imposed - now that's what I call a real test of HR's sense-of-humor!! :D

Don

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
<=== Captain Coredump is the sworn enemy to all programmers, because he always exposes their oversights, bad assumptions, and other sloppy mistakes. It is best for the universe that I not write code, since I wouldn't be able to hold my work up to my own high standards...and would ultimately have a nervous breakdown and start tossing crew members out of the pod bay door in Jupiter orbit. ;)

The words which you speak are called corporate espionage up here in the positive latitudes/negative longitudes, and will result in criminal charges, civil liability, and being permanently black-listed from getting another job in the IT field or even doing consulting gigs. Plus, I wouldn't want to test HR's sense of humor when it comes to access to my 401(k) retirement account.....

Back