... it was funny to me....

Other_Erik

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=192416
^ Right! And if you do all that without trying to make everyone else do it too, nobody minds at all.

Plus they make the best milk, butter, cheese, bread, and furniture you can find in the entire PA/WV/MD area.

Not to mention the sense of community they have - Sell stuff to the "English" (that's everyone who isn't Amish), buy more farmland, give farmland to young families. Lather, Rinse, Repeat...

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
^ Right! And if you do all that without trying to make everyone else do it too, nobody minds at all.

Jack and I have a Bruderhof community about a mile away from us.

http://www.bruderhof.com/en/where-we-are/united-states/fox-hill

Other than some occasional horse exhaust in the street and their fireworks several times per year, I don't even know that they are here.

You might not believe this, but our area is also the mothership of Jehovah's Witnesses. You would think that the paint would be worn off our doors from all of the knocking, but they have gone completely silent for the past three years. They are selling their world headquarters in Brooklyn, and building a new headquarters on the other side of our county. In support of that construction, they have bought up some hotels and an apartment complex to house their volunteer workers who come on pilgrimages to work on the project. Other than putting tastefully-sized "jw.org" signs on everything they buy, we don't even know that they are here. One of their work sites is a warehouse that they bought a block away from me in the industrial park, and the only way that we even know they are here is by following the fleet of unmarked Mercedes passenger vans shuttling workers between the hotels and the warehouse.....

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
2016-01-02%2018.20.26.jpg

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
My 4 year old son is obsessed with Toy Story, specifically the aliens and the claw ... for some reason:

WCmHtUv.jpg

... so I made him buttered toast for breakfast and cut out an alien while the remaining toast is roughly the shape of a claw. Enough that he can use the claw to pick up the alien and make a diabolical laugh:

NzGckGv.jpg

t2oa0I0.jpg

Flaps10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219700
attachment.php

I'm hoping I'm not the only one who knows the old guy.

Attachments

• 1453483_1071069622913823_7747426825611165773_n.jpg
    1453483_1071069622913823_7747426825611165773_n.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 48

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Formation flying:

20151104_dubai_flyby_gopro.jpg

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
If Mary is the mother of Jesus...

...and Jesus is the lamb of God...

...does that mean Mary had a little lamb?????

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Bob, a middle-aged Canadian tourist on his first time in Lincoln, Nebraska, locates the red light district and enters a large brothel. The madam asks him to be seated and sends over a young lady to entertain the client. They sit and talk, frolic a little, giggle a bit, drink a bit, and she sits on his lap. He whispers in her ear and she gasps and runs away!

Seeing this, the madam sends over a more experienced lady to entertain the gentleman. They sit and talk, frolic a little, giggle a bit, drink a bit, and she sits on his lap. He whispers in her ear and she screams, No!" and walks quickly away!

The madam is surprised that this ordinary looking man has asked for something so outrageous that her two girls will have nothing to do with it.

She decides that only her most experienced lady, Lola, will do. Lola looks a bit tired, but she has never said no and it doesn't seem likely that anything would surprise her. So the madam sends her over to Bob. They sit and talk, frolic a little, giggle a bit, drink a bit, and she sits on his lap. He whispers in her ear and she screams, "NO WAY, BUDDY!" smacks him as hard as she can and literally runs away!

Madam is by now absolutely intrigued, having seen nothing like this in all her years of operating a brothel. She hasn't done the bedroom work herself for a long time, but she did it for many years before she got into management. She's sure she has said yes at one time or another to everything a man could possibly ask for. The challenge is irresistible. She just has to find out what this man has wanted that has made her girls so angry. And she sees a chance she can't pass up to show off to her employees how good she was at what they do.

So she goes over to Bob and says that she's the best in the house and she is available. She sits and talks with him. They frolic a bit, giggle a bit, and drink a little, and she sits in his lap. And Bob leans forward and whispers in her ear....."Can I pay in Canadian dollars?"

Reactions: Uwe

Welder75

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=261654
Haa Ha . love how the guy drives away at the end. lol i would too,,, "let's get the hell out of here!"

but even funnier...see how the sensor bar over plate moves with him and exposes plate number!!! if thats what it was. think its a stamp from his cheap ass video editor!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Does Russian perhaps use the same word for "Lighter" and "Flashlight"? If so, that's probably a mistake since the two should generally not be used for the same purposes.

-Uwe-

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Does Russian perhaps use the same word for "Lighter" and "Flashlight"? If so, that's probably a mistake since the two should generally not be used for the same purposes.

-Uwe-

Like a torch?

Reactions: Uwe

Flaps10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219700
Pulls the still pumping nozzle out. Darwin award runner up # 1,452,668

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
A couple were in a busy shopping center just before Christmas. The husband wandered off as she was standing in line, saying something about being back in a little bit.

After getting through the line, the husband wasn't back yet and since they still had more shopping to do, the wife called him on the mobile. The wife said, "Where are you?"

He said, " You remember the jewelers we went into about 10 years ago, and you fell in love with that diamond necklace? I couldn't afford it at the time and I said that one day I would get it for you."

Tears started to flow down her cheeks and she got all choked up. "Yes, I do remember that shop," she replied.

"I'm in the pub next to that."

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Three strangers strike up a conversation in the airport lounge in Bozeman, Montana , awaiting their flights. One is an American Indian, passing thru from Lame Deer.

Another is a cowboy on his way to Billings for a livestock show. And the third is a fundamentalist Arab student from the Middle East, newly arrived at Montana State University.

Their discussion drifts to their diverse cultures. Soon, the two Westerners learn that the Arab is a devout, radical Muslim and the conversation falls into an uneasy lull.

The cowboy leans back in his chair, crosses his boots on a magazine table and tips his big sweat-stained hat forward over his face. The wind outside is blowing tumbleweeds around and the old windsock is flapping, but still no plane comes.

Finally, the American Indian clears his throat and softly speaks. "At one time here, my people were many, but sadly, now we are few."

The Muslim student raises an eyebrow and leans forward, "Once my people were few," he sneers, "and now we are many. Why do you suppose that is?"

The Montana cowboy shifts his toothpick to one side of his mouth, and from the darkness beneath his Stetson says in a drawl, "That's 'cause we ain't played Cowboys and Muslims yet, but I do believe it's a-comin."

Back