... it was funny to me....

Da Tow'd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=217062
I was installing a new door and found that one of the hinges was missing.
I asked my wife if she would go to Lowes and pick up a hinge. She agreed
to go. While she was waiting for the manager, Charlie, to finish serving a
customer, her eye caught a beautiful bathroom faucet. When the manager was
finished, She asked him, "How much is that faucet?

The manager replied, "That's a gold plated faucet and the price is $500.00."

She exclaimed, "My goodness, that's an expensive faucet - certainly out of
my price range.." She then proceeded to describe the hinge that I had sent
her to buy. The manager said that he had them in stock and it was $3.49.
He then went into the storeroom to get one.

From the storeroom, the manager yelled. "Ma'am, you wanna screw for the
hinge?"

She shouted back, "No, but I will for the faucet."

This is why you can't send a woman to Lowes

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
nlVR91O.jpg

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
I need that sign!!! - GPS's take people down 2 local "roads" - one is a paper road, that has never been formed... I had a visitor who was concerned his Vanagon Syncro wasn't going to make it! The other... sends people down a dend end road to a narrow footbridge! There was a drive-in river crossing, but it was bypassed by a perfectly usuable road about 70 years ago... GPS's haven't caught up yet :-D...

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I need that sign!!! - GPS's take people down 2 local "roads" - one is a paper road, that has never been formed... I had a visitor who was concerned his Vanagon Syncro wasn't going to make it! The other... sends people down a dend end road to a narrow footbridge! There was a drive-in river crossing, but it was bypassed by a perfectly usuable road about 70 years ago... GPS's haven't caught up yet :-D...
We had a couple of those back when we were using a Garmin on bike trips in the mid 2000s. My V-Strom might have been suitable for some of those roads, but Eric's ZZR, not so much. I especially liked it when it tried to make us take ferries across rivers (and the ferries had a very lax schedule) despite the option "Avoid Ferries" being selected. "No, Mr. Garmin, we're not waiting here for a couple of hours for the next ferry when we can go 15 minutes up-river and cross a bridge!".

Larry Manton

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=112505
UWE, you still ride?, did 10 days last year in Idaho salmon river wilderness area, most of it Vstrom doable, some a little edgy, stunning country.

My first close encounter with wolves. They would come in close at night, not a threat just talking all night.

LARIMORE

Reactions: Uwe

Da Tow'd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=217062
A guy walks into a bar and demands a shot of 12-yr old malt.

The barman says to himself "Rude bastard, he'll never know the difference," so he pours a shot of 2-year old blended whisky.

The guy takes one sip, spits it out and shouts at the barman: "Oi, I said 12-year old malt!"

The barman is unimpressed and tries to foist him off with some 6-year old scotch. The guy takes a sip...same reaction. But the barman is still unwilling to give in and he pours a shot of 10-year old scotch. Again, same reaction from the customer.

Finally, the barman has to concede that the guy is a connoisseur and he serves him his original request for a glass of 12-year-old malt. The guy takes a sip and is at last satisfied.

All the while this has been going on, a drunk at the end of the bar has been watching. He slides a shot glass down the bar to the customer and slurs: "Shay mishter, tashte this!"

The guy duly obliges but spits it out immediately. "Ugh ! It tastes like piss," he shoots back at the drunk.

The drunk replies: "It ish. How old would you shay I am ?"

Da Tow'd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=217062
This morning I lucked out and was able to buy two boxes of ammo.

I placed the boxes on the front seat and headed back home, but stopped at a gas station where a drop-dead gorgeous blonde in a short skirt was filling up her car at the next pump.

She glanced at the two boxes of ammo, bent over and leaned in my passenger window, and said in a sexy voice, "I'm a big believer in barter, old fella. Would you be interested in trading sex for ammo?"

I thought for a few seconds and asked,
"What kind of ammo 'ya got?"

Back