VCDS with HexNet freezes while adaptations reading of MIB3 5F

icardiag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=113031
Hello,

I'm experiencing communications errors with latest MIB3 units. Finishing a complete autoscan with debug level 2 of the vehicle is not possible, as VCDS crashes on reading adaptations of 5F. First it starts writing "Sporadic communication error" then freezes and crashes.
First I noticed this late February 2019 when the first cars with MIB3 came. At that time I used VCDS 19.2.1. I tried this week again with the latest 19.6.1 and the same problem. The HexNet is always updated to the latest version, connected in AP wireless mode. Out of curiosity I tried USB connection, same behaviour.
Any idea how to finish reading complete adaptations of MIB3 5F?
mib3.jpg

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
[Options]
Set Debug Level to 1024
[Apply]
[Applications]
[Controller Channel Maps]
Try to make the map you're having trouble with.
After it fails, look in the Debug folder. There should be a file named DEBUG-5F.DLM.
E-mail it to Support along with a link to this thread.

-Uwe-

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
Internal, also FS#1525.

icardiag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=113031
Log files were mailed to support few minutes ago :thumbs:

I was able to make a succesful adaptation map, but it took way toooo long. VCDS kept not responding several times, I didn't touch it and let it be but in the end it didn't crash. However getting measurement values caused app crash somewhere around #230 and with several attempts I was not able to make a complete dump of measurement values. I tried several cars although with same MIB3 with the same SW version, same situation.

Back