2014 Audi RS7 ABS/ESP madness... sorry for long windedness

gillmotorsports

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=210708
Hmm, there shouldn't be any differences that would explain this behavior but the Auto-Scan from that MS Surface may add clarity if you happen to have one saved.

In the meanwhile, if you still have the MS Surface it might not hurt to install VCDS Release 19 into a new folder (perhaps C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS-19.6.1) so it doesn't overwrite his older install and swap between your interface and his while re-coding the ABS to the existing value.

You could even take that a step further and re-code the ABS to the same using your Win 10 x64 PC and his interface with the current version of VCDS. Doing so may help rule out the interface (while eliminating the PC and VCDS version as possible causes).

Hi Dana,

I still have both interfaces. I just plugged mine in and tried to gain secure access. I used the key provided, which worked with my friends VCDS, and received the same error....
35 invalid key.

Is there anything I can do to help work through this issue with you? It seems apparent that there is something going on with my cable, computer, VCDS software/firmware, or a combination of them.

I’m available through email if it’s easier.

Thank you!

gillmotorsports

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=210708
Or perhaps another idea.....

Could this be a situation where the control unit takes issue with the universal
“12345 123 12345” WSC and importer....?

Just a random thought.

gillmotorsports

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=210708
Email sent to Support@Ross-tech.com
We’ll see what they can come up with as explanation. Hopefully its not a widespread issue. Thanks again for the assistance!!!

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
I'll check that e-mail but in the meanwhile the 12345 123 12345 values are worth eliminating as a possible cause on your PC. You can change those on the VCDS program [Options] screen from the |User Interface and Identification tab|. After using [Save] VCDS will need to be re-started.

If you don't have another Windows based PC handy that VCDS Release 19 can be installed onto so the same interface(s) can be used to rule out your PC, another thing to easily rule out would be turning off all nonessential start-up programs. That's done via the Task Manager > Startup tab followed by highlighting each unnecessary program and clicking Disable. I would restart the PC before retesting VCDS if you aren't promoted to do so by Windows.

This recent 14 Audi A7 - programming ABS module for Auto Hold feature, coding rejected error 13! thread may be worth keeping an eye on as well. The rejected coding may be related to wiring but I added coding suggestions to post #8 this morning.

Reactions: Uwe
Back