Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Audi RS7 ABS/ESP madness... sorry for long windedness

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gillmotorsports View Post
    Anyways, IDE00323 is showing “2”.
    Connect an adequate charger to the car, turn the ignition on, and leave it on until this goes to zero.

Last change to the label file that the Security Access suggestion comes from was in April of 2017, so I don't think that's the source of the problem.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will do, thank you for helping me sort through this, Uwe. I will do this, however Iím relatively sure I will end up with a rejected security key... just as I did with the other RS7 in my possession. If that indeed happens, is there anything else that you can conjure up that may cause this? Again, I really appreciate the help. The situation is just frustrating because I know we can do this,because weíre done it, but some unknown force is preventing it.

Thank you!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Connect an adequate charger to the car, turn the ignition on, and leave it on until this goes to zero.

Last change to the label file that the Security Access suggestion comes from was in April of 2017, so I don't think that's the source of the problem.

-Uwe-
    Uwe,

Is it necessary to have Vagcom connected and actively ďspeaking toĒ the ABS control unit for this number to decrease... or just having the ignition turned on is enough?

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    OK, after you get IDE00323 showing zero, try Security Access with: S11820

Yes, that's not a typo. The letter 'S' followed by 11820.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

5. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, after you get IDE00323 showing zero, try Security Access with: S11820

Yes, that's not a typo. The letter 'S' followed by 11820.

-Uwe-
    Will do! Thank you. I appreciate your efforts!

Thanks!!!

7. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

-Uwe-

So Iíve had the car on a charger, ignition on, Vagcom connected reading ABS unit for over 4 hours.... still reading ď2Ē. Should I remove Vagcom from the equation, or do you think itís needed?

Thank you.... again.

Post Thanks / Like
    You shouldn't need VCDS to remain connected the entire time while waiting for the lock out to expire.

In my experience, a counter of 3 is a no-go. Attempts to enter a code will anger the module. 2 and under typically allow a SA entry - but I don't know if you want to risk it... or just wait it out.

10. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    You shouldn't need VCDS to remain connected the entire time while waiting for the lock out to expire.

In my experience, a counter of 3 is a no-go. Attempts to enter a code will anger the module. 2 and under typically allow a SA entry - but I don't know if you want to risk it... or just wait it out.
    Understood. Thank you, Dana.

12. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uwe, Dana, and whoever else concerned...

I kept the car on a charger for over 6hours and IDE00323 never moved away from 2.

I had a very good friend send me his VCDS interface and MS Surface. His is out of date, currently running 17.8.1.
    I plugged in, connected to ABS, saw the same access key ď61378Ē... so I looked at IDE00323 again and it was reading 0. So I decided to use ď61378Ē and it worked,
    I was able to change the coding in my ABS control unit easily. Although the coding isnít 100%, I am now able to disable the traction control. Iím sure with a little systematic series of HEX changes, Iíll satisfy the ABS coding soon.

However, this raises the question.... what is the fundamental difference between MY VCDS and my FRIENDíS VCDS that allowed his to work and mine to not work?

Thank you again.

14. Likes Uwe, Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, there shouldn't be any differences that would explain this behavior but the Auto-Scan from that MS Surface may add clarity if you happen to have one saved.

In the meanwhile, if you still have the MS Surface it might not hurt to install VCDS Release 19 into a new folder (perhaps C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS-19.6.1) so it doesn't overwrite his older install and swap between your interface and his while re-coding the ABS to the existing value.

You could even take that a step further and re-code the ABS to the same using your Win 10 x64 PC and his interface with the current version of VCDS. Doing so may help rule out the interface (while eliminating the PC and VCDS version as possible causes).

16. Likes Uwe liked this post