Q8 ADAS Lane Guidance Tweaks

rjabend

Reaction score
Does anyone know what driver assistance parameters can be altered on the Q8 using VCDS? I am particularly interested in Lane Guidance (centering). Thanks for any inputs.

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know what driver assistance parameters can be altered on the Q8 using VCDS? I am particularly interested in Lane Guidance (centering). Thanks for any inputs.

Based on the information in the Official Factory Repair manuals there does not appear to be an official way as to 'alter' these settings (only calibration is possible) and it would be rather unwise to do so, given the potential 'errors' the system could have after the work which could result in severe injury or even even be fatal.

Also you 'technically' need the following tools to properly perform the procedures.

Special tools and workshop equipment required
- Calibration Tool - VAS6350A
- Spacing Laser - VAS6350/2A
- Lane Change Calibration Tool - VAS6350/4
- Calibration Tool - R8 Wheel Adapters - VAS6350/5

Audi and Volkswagen has most likely spent a lot of time and money making these systems safe, I would not mess with it and I doubt you will find any one on this forum that would disagree and/or advise you otherwise.

Hope this helps,

drpeter

Reactions: Uwe

rhinopower

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=58979
On my Passat you can set intervention to early, and it drives much better down the lines of the road

Reference calibration drpeter. Mine was retrofitted by myself, and calibration board was made printing the screen on to 30 pieces of a4 and sticking it together, and a tape measure. Works perfect and calibration accepted first time. Unlike some other assistance systems, the calibration on this isn’t very sensitive

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
when I retrofitted the Lane Assist camera, we tried the calibration at home. the board was printed (in one piece, and correct), and we put a lot of effort in placing the board in front of the car.

nothing. despite several tries, we could not calibrate.

at the end I gave up and paid the windows shop for the calibration. it worked at first attempt.

Reactions: Uwe
Back