Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie with lots of issues!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I removed the reverse light switch and it is working fine. Had a new one, so put it in anyway. Had another look in the measuring blocks (09 - cent. Elect) row 2 group 055 shows ON when i engage reverse but no light at bulbs and parking sensors until manual button press.

Its like someone has erased the codes for the items i am having problems with. The headlight washers work fine but the windowscreen washer dont work at all? No fog lights front or rear.

I did notice when looking in the measuring blocks (09 - cent.Elect) in the second row, group 047. When i turn on to side lights it shows right rear fog light @ 66,7%, thought this was unusual as fogs not even on.

Is there any way of telling codes have been tampered with or deleted by accident?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    HELLLPPPP PLEASSSEEEE

Hi, me again, after some advice. Is there anyway my BCM could be giving trouble? Would it be worth changing it? Will the second hand unit need coded in?

Ps. I noticed yesterday that my headlights stay on now when the switch is put to off position!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    All those things not working are driven by the BCM. A replacement one would be needed indeed coded to match your car's installed features.

Weren't there Output Test in BCM one could use to turn on various lights one by one?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by siLc View Post
    All those things not working are driven by the BCM. A replacement one would be needed indeed coded to match your car's installed features.

Weren't there Output Test in BCM one could use to turn on various lights one by one?
    Thanks for your reply. If i get the get a BCM is much involved in coding it?

VCDS Distributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is an example coding value from another 2013 VW CC (09) Central Electric module:

Code:
    0008000000000000008800809400294023570088402205206484C7200040
    Make sure you save your original code (shown in the scan on the first page of this thread if needed) but try dropping in this code and see if anything changes.
    If not, revert back to your original code.
    If some lights start to work correctly, then it could be all due to messed-up coding on the car and not a faulty module.

Unless anyone can suggest a reason not to try this.....
    Last edited by grant@gendan; 07-16-2019 at 11:54 AM. Reason: added code tags

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally got to the bottom of these faults! (thanks grant@gendan)

So it looks like my suspicions from the start were right. Someone messed up the coding which caused all said problems. I used the code grant@gendan posted and just like magic, i had everything working again. One thing to note, i had no wipers when i put new code in (i had wipers prior to entering new code). So i changed the last two digits in grant@gendan's code (40) to (C1) from the original code and the wipers worked again. Thanks everyone

7. Likes Viking, Uwe liked this post