Random Videos

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Vreihen: Hmmm......... that guy in your video is left handed!! Many years ago now, my early school teachers (catholic nuns) warned us not to trust left handed people - not the strangest advice that the nuns gave us! I remember clearly because I started writing left handed and the nuns made me change to right-handed!

I'm wondering what the male equivalent of the video would be? I suspect that the male version of the chart would retain the same heading for the vertical axis and change the horizontal axis to "crazy" as well !

Don

PS: Is it normal up there for an instructor to carry a gun while lecturing about such philosophical matters (to a captured audience- I assume)?

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Vreihen: Hmmm......... that guy in your video is left handed!! Many years ago now, my early school teachers (catholic nuns) warned us not to trust left handed people - not the strangest advice that the nuns gave us! I remember clearly because I started writing left handed and the nuns made me change to right-handed!

I've heard all kinds of stories abut nuns cracking knuckles for kids writing with their left hands, but have yet to meet a nun (I used to work with hundreds of them) who would admit to using a ruler for discipline. I have observed that lefties (like my wife) are always the ones to spot other lefties, which I think could be the topic of someone's doctoral thesis if it hasn't been explored already.

I'm wondering what the male equivalent of the video would be? I suspect that the male version of the chart would retain the same heading for the vertical axis and change the horizontal axis to "crazy" as well !

They do the male graph at 6:00 into the video. Cute on the vertical axis, money on the horizontal axis. Once a guy has enough money, he's in the husband zone no matter how cute he is. Cute and no money is the fun zone, and neither cute nor money is the no-go zone.....

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
How to double the horsepower of a Porsche in 5 seconds:

race-car-on-top.0.gif

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
I've heard all kinds of stories abut nuns cracking knuckles for kids writing with their left hands, but have yet to meet a nun (I used to work with hundreds of them) who would admit to using a ruler for discipline. I have observed that lefties (like my wife) are always the ones to spot other lefties, which I think could be the topic of someone's doctoral thesis if it hasn't been explored already.

Don't tell your wife, but it's a disturbing fact (for both current day lefties and was-once-a-lefty) that the word "left" is translated into Latin/Italian as "sinistra" (where we get the word, sinister) and it's translated to French as "gauche" which means awkward in English. Both these languages had/have a strong catholic culture, so I assume that the practice of considering left handed folk as using the "devil's hand" goes way, way back!!

They do the male graph at 6:00 into the video. Cute on the vertical axis, money on the horizontal axis. Once a guy has enough money, he's in the husband zone no matter how cute he is. Cute and no money is the fun zone, and neither cute nor money is the no-go zone.....

Sorry didn't watch the video all the way through- but thanks

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Things are getting sticky and very tricky.........:p Wartime!

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404

NZDubNurd: Man you guys from across the ditch are innovative folk-but you have to try a lot harder to fool us Aussies!!

It wasn't difficult for me to work-out that the video was made on Fisher& Paykel's secret test track. Notwithstanding the clever disguise of the rain-tank and the test engineers masquerading as locals, clearly the exercise was a trial of FP's new industrial washing machine!! Might need a bit more development before it's launched onto the market -I reckon!!
Don

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Looking at the visible white smoke/vapor coming out of his exhaust as he emerges, I'm wondering just how much water his engine ingested.

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
NZDubNurd: Man you guys from across the ditch are innovative folk-but you have to try a lot harder to fool us Aussies!!

It wasn't difficult for me to work-out that the video was made on Fisher& Paykel's secret test track. Notwithstanding the clever disguise of the rain-tank and the test engineers masquerading as locals, clearly the exercise was a trial of FP's new industrial washing machine!! Might need a bit more development before it's launched onto the market -I reckon!!
Don

Nah - haven't you heard??? Fisher and Paykel sell absolute crap - mostly made in China or Italy. There is NO way it would have lasted that long! Apparently that tank actually went 5 or 6 kilometres :cool:

After my 18 month oven saga with them, I refuse to buy anything they make ever again ( I even got rid on the washer, dishwasher and fridge - because they all shit themselves), and tell everybody how crap it all is (So, now you know!). They wouldn't even air freight in a thermostat for a warranty repair (and my oven was a big one, not a cheapy). Still - they replaced it with a brand new oven after a while, and that was faulty too, so they gave me a refund... and I brought something good! (A Falcon... not a Ford!). It only cost a little more than the Touran did :thumbs: It's been in 5 years, and needed a $20 part a few months back.

:D

Back