Random Videos

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
I ran across this earlier today... how to make a $100,000 shotgun. Absolutely mesmerizing. Other than a lathe and a drill, everything is hand-tooled.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Uwe,

That is a lot of work just to make a fuzz stick for starting fires.

My random video suggestion:

Ray's Tech Tips... this guy, while a bland talker, is spilling out tips and tricks on pinball repair right and left. There are several videos on different topics of pinball repair.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Jeff: don't agree, I think that it's an exquisite "fuzz stick". The wood turner's chisel control for creating the limbs is excellent - especially given that he looks like he just graduated from kindergarten!

PS: what's the "alpha squad" and does RT have an "omega squad"?

Reactions: Uwe

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
Bahahahaha! Unfortunate.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
WTF? Got this from a post on the mk7 forum. I couldn't believe that there was a need for a lock on the car's OBDII connector. But maybe things are radically different down here in the antipodes! Is there a serious application for these devices up in the US?

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
I couldn't believe that there was a need for a lock on the car's OBDII connector. But maybe things are radically different down here in the antipodes! Is there a serious application for these devices up in the US?

There's a burglary tool out for some vehicles (BMW?) that bypasses immobilizers when plugged into the OBD-II port, so those who are paranoid will drop the coin for a port lock. In addition, I know that some non-VAG factory scan tools will perform unsolicited re-flashes of every controller in a vehicle when plugged in at the dealer, so those with, um, custom firmware or cases where the firmware updates add unwanted features/annoyances sometimes buy this (or the cheaper non-locking "do not flash" plastic OBD-II port cover). As an example of the feature thing, Dodge added a safety feature retrofit where the horns in their HD pickups will beep if the driver's side door is open with the truck in reverse. While this may sound like a good idea since they were having issues with automatic owners putting their truck into reverse instead of park and getting out, there are apparently a lot of people who regularly tow trailers with these HD trucks and somehow approach them in reverse with the door open to align the ball when hitching up. A blaring horn in your driveway at 5:00 AM when hitching up your camper for a trip is a sure way to piss your neighbors off.

In the VAG circle, the port on my car is locked whenever I take it to Jack's shop...to make him go "old school" when working on my car instead of making his life easier..... :)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Probably A-Mod because of the aero package! :)

The car was built by a Washington, DC police officer to compete as a LeMons car.....

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Base command we need support! under heavy rocket fire.........OVER!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hah! That was cool, and the parachute was unexpected!

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Just gotta figure out how to make a pivoting GoPro mount for the next launch..... :)

Back