Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
His son has pretty much the opposite reaction:

Great looking roads. I have only been near there (Asheville for a TT event?) but not on the actual dragon. Also can't believe I am saying this but the PDK looks like a good choice there (not that you have a choice on a GT3 RS, only on poverty spec GT3).

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Great looking roads. I have only been near there (Asheville for a TT event?) but not on the actual dragon. Also can't believe I am saying this but the PDK looks like a good choice there (not that you have a choice on a GT3 RS, only on poverty spec GT3).
That stretch he was on is decent fun, but he wasn't on the Dragon itself for that ride, just the run between Fontana and the Dragon. Curves on the Dragon are unreal.

DSG/PDK is highly advantageous for this route. It's almost continuous 2-3-2-3-2-3 and you really want two hands for the steering wheel.

WITW needs more Ross-Tech representation for 2020. They even have a few people who identify as Porsche owners. :)

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
WITW needs more Ross-Tech representation for 2020. They even have a few people who identify as Porsche owners. :)

I'm not too far the Dragon.... funny story about the last time Ross-Tech was at WITW:

IMsSlg6.jpg

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
I'll never forgive 60 Minutes for faking the Audi 5000 "unintended acceleration" boondoggle but this was excellent:

What kind of man buys a Lamborghini?
(smile) One with a very large ego.

True true.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Language warning, Canuck modifications warning too:

These guys may be the real life Red Green Show.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
The first Porsche ... maybe:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Playing old fast techno tunes with guns, cars, bikes doing fun things with red lined tacho's & crashes!

Last edited:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^ hmm....... there was a time when advertisements actually sold the thing that they advertised.

Now days advertisements sell value-sets, lifestyles, principles, excellence, ideals etc, - basically they sell "brand" instead.

Not sure that it's proper for anyone to seek, or to find the best way to live (sometimes called "normative ethics") in a car advertisement. But it's called progress - I suspect

Still - behind the hype and hyperbole in the video, the RS6 looks like a very nice car indeed (pity that the car's talents are hidden amongst the other superfluous brand stuff)

Don

Back