Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Audi TT RS - Address 09 Cent Elect - 526359 Control Module Incorrectly Coded

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I've a US spec 2019 TT RS and I'm getting the exact same fault code "526359 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded" for Control Unit 09.

I've not replaced the LED taillights with OLEDs like the op, but I've changed the coding for the rear turn signals as he did, therefore this must be what is causing this fault code and help narrow down what we should look at. So, apparently this thread doesn't belong here in Retrofits. I cannot erase this fault code with a clear DTCs, maybe that's expected anyway, not sure.

My vehicle scans look pretty much like the ones that have already been posted (at least on what relates to these coding mods).

Here is a list of what I've done to my car, all under Control Unit 09:

1) I followed these instructions, and they worked perfectly, apart from this fault code now:

" -rear brake & fog lights stop blinking with the turn indicator
    Control Unit 09 (Central Electronics)
    security access 31347
    Adaption
    Find in the menu:
    (Left Brake Light)
    Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion A 20 leave Brake Light
    Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion B 20 change to Brake Light
    Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion C 20 change to Not Active

(Right Brake Light)
    Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion A 21 leave Brake Light
    Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion B 21 change to Brake Light
    Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion C 21 change to Not Active

(Left Fog Light)
    Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion A 26 leave Brake Light
    Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion B 26 change to Brake Light
    Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion C 26 change to Not Active

(Right Fog Light)
    Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion A 27 leave Brake Light
    Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion B 27 change to Brake Light
    Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion C 27 change to Not Active"

2) I also did these three coding mods, again they worked perfectly, but I'm not sure if somehow they could be the cause of this fault code:

"1 - Not sure why my Canadian TTRS does not have the option to bring the front wipers into service position in the MMI menu, but if you want to have the option do this via MMI, do this:

Control Unit (09) Central Electronics -> Front_wiper -> Menuesteuerung Frontwischer -> change to active

2 - In North American, due to safety reasons, you can only open both windows with the remote when press and hold unlock, but NOT close both windows when press and hold lock. You can only close both windows by touching and holding the sensor on either door handle.
    To enable remote close both windows by press and hold the lock button, do this:

Control Unit (09) Central Electronics -> ZV Komfort -> Funk Komfort schliessen -> change to active

3 - By default, your remote key fob buttons are disabled after you press the engine start button once or engine is running. If you want to enable the use of your remote buttons while engine is on (this can be useful if you want to keep the vehicle running when the driver needs to step out), do this:

Control Unit (09) Central Electronics -> ZV allgemein -> Funk bei Klemme 15 ein -> change to active"

Hope this info helps, and please help me.

Thank you.
    Last edited by flg; 07-23-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks FLG,

It appears you believe that changing the coding to stop the brake and fog lights from blinking with the turn signals is what caused this fault code to appear.

Based on that knowledge would anyone on the forum be able to help with what may need to be done to retain this coding but not receive the fault?
    Rapture

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Thanks FLG,

It appears you believe that changing the coding to stop the brake and fog lights from blinking with the turn signals is what caused this fault code to appear.
    Yes, what is causing the fault code "526359 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded" for Control Unit 09 are the changed values for the left and right brake lights 20 B and 21 B (leuchte 20 B and 21 B). I've tried all the logical options, but they all cause this module incorrectly coded error. There doesn't seem to be any side effects to this "526359 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded" fault, but I would also like to know the real reason why we are getting this fault.

At the Audizine forums someone has suggested this: "My educated guess to why it throws that fault is based on the coding for the module for the safety protocol on the brake lights.", I also believe this may indeed be the cause of this fault.

Could there really be a safety protocol programmed at the factory for the US bound vehicles that attempts to prevent us from changing the way the rear turn signals work together with the brake lights?

Post Thanks / Like
    Please move this thread back to Tweaks, this really has nothing to do with Retrofits. Could someone please do it to see if we possibly get an answer or solution to this fault, it gets generated by:

1) Modifying Light 20 (left rear brake light) (Leuchte 20 Lichtfunktion 20 B) to anything other than Blinken Links Dunkelphase

or by

2) Modifying Light 21 (right rear brake light) (Leuchte 21 Lichtfunktion 21 B) to anything other than Blinken Rechts Dunkelphase

Why is this happening, any solution?
    Last edited by flg; 09-03-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flg View Post
    Please move this thread back to Tweaks, this really has nothing to do with Retrofits.
    Huh? The OP clearly did a retrofit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    It is a NA car which I have installed the ROW OLED's into.
    -Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Huh? The OP clearly did a retrofit:
    -Uwe-
    Hello Uwe,

Very old customer of your wonderful interfaces here.

Yes, indeed he did, and the original move was indeed correct when it was done.

After further discussion, mostly at a related thread in Audizine, this "526359 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded" for Control Unit 09 has been identified to be exclusively related to the mod that the OP, myself, and others have done in our 2019 Audi TT RS, related to stopping the way the rear brake lights flash in sync with the rear turn signals here in the US. This is why it now should be moved back.

What I posted in my previous post is what is causing this fault, not that he replaced the LED taillights with the OLEDs.

Thank you.
    Last edited by flg; 09-03-2019 at 11:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    OK, moving to Tweaks.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

8. Likes flg liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    it might just be a USA requirement so that's how lights should be coded, and if they are not, the module will complain.
    my Golf came out of the factory with 13 ECUs. now she has 19. and counting

10. Likes PetrolDave, Uwe liked this post