ABS Bosch 8.0 Seat ibiza 6L

Fuji-Specs

Reaction score
Hi, I don't own a VCDS but I am thinking of buying one since I own a auto repair shop and I have a tough case now. A seat Ibiza 6L came in and needs an ABS replacement, it has the bosch 8.0 . So I want to ask can I copy the coding of this ABS unit to a new one with a VCDS so the new ABS be ok when installed on car? and if yes can someone give me a How-to? or video? or a detailed write-up of how i can do this procedure?(I am sorry if am asking a lot but since I don't usually work on group VAG I don't have this knowledge)

Thanks in advance

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Assuming the old ABS "talks" and still has its original coding, copying that coding should be straightforward.

What model year is this car?

-Uwe-

Fuji-Specs

Reaction score
its 2005 also the abs can "talk" and I assume it has the original coding...

Fuji-Specs

Reaction score
What about the how to instructions? do I need to be a verified member for someone to tell me?

thanks in advance

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
No, you don't need to be a verified member, but you do need to post an Auto-Scan to show you're using a legitimate VCDS system. :)

-Uwe-

Fuji-Specs

Reaction score
oh ok, I will post an auto-scan when I get one from the car and since you are saying the VCDS can copy the coding I will also buy a subscription

Last edited:
Back