Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VW Tiguan mk 2 door light install

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

VW Tiguan mk 2 door light install

Replace the reflectors with led door lights at the moment I’ve only installed front passenger left door light.It took me all day to find the correct pin.The pin is on the blue door module top left pin on the module you will have to spice into the wire as it’s already occupied.You will need a suitable ground so just use the big screw on the inside door loosen then wrap your ground and tighten.Will add more information once I’ve finished install not sure how I can add a couple of photo’s to this post

2. Likes Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The before/after scans (or snippets of the 42 and 52 modules) would be helpful for searching and this thread explains posting pics:

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...-Post-Pictures

You need to firstly upload them (my cell phone backs up all photos to Google but any host will work) before you can link them here.

4. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Installed that too on my tiguan. Front door modules already use the door exit light for the illuminated door sills. The rear modules however are free, you will need to enable the bit for the door light in the rear door modules. Either the rear or front door plastics required some dremel work since there is no through hole for the module and wiring, the other half already has a hole in them.
    For ground i just used the nearest ground junction point in the door wiring harness.
    Current:
    2018 Tiguan AD Highline 2.0 BiTDI 240hp > Stage 1+ 328hp
    2016 Polo 6C Highline 1.0 TSI 105hp

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply your most helpful

Quote Originally Posted by MasterTommy View Post
    Installed that too on my tiguan. Front door modules already use the door exit light for the illuminated door sills. The rear modules however are free, you will need to enable the bit for the door light in the rear door modules. Either the rear or front door plastics required some dremel work since there is no through hole for the module and wiring, the other half already has a hole in them.
    For ground i just used the nearest ground junction point in the door wiring harness.
    Iíve only done the front passenger side at the moment but I accidentally busted the electric window switch so Iím waiting a replacement Iíve noticed that ambient lighting is t working in that door at moment just hoping itís because a working window switch isnít fitted.Sorry Iím not sure what you mean regarding the dremmel work I was just going to replace door reflector with led light then try to find the correct pin on the door module.
    Thanks

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks still getting used to how everything works

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    the pin is no secret anymore since a long time on the MQB platform, it's pin 16 of the blue 32pin connector of the door module.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefegghead View Post
    Iíve only done the front passenger side at the moment but I accidentally busted the electric window switch so Iím waiting a replacement Iíve noticed that ambient lighting is t working in that door at moment just hoping itís because a working window switch isnít fitted.Sorry Iím not sure what you mean regarding the dremmel work I was just going to replace door reflector with led light then try to find the correct pin on the door module.
    Thanks
    Window switch installed and had to unplug door adapter and working perfectly

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks is this for the vw Tiguan mk 2 on the rear doors.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

All finished

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefegghead View Post
    Replace the reflectors with led door lights at the moment Iíve only installed front passenger left door light.It took me all day to find the correct pin.The pin is on the blue door module top left pin on the module you will have to spice into the wire as itís already occupied.You will need a suitable ground so just use the big screw on the inside door loosen then wrap your ground and tighten.Will add more information once Iíve finished install not sure how I can add a couple of photoís to this post
    Finally finished installing lights on to rear doors but the 32 pin connector isnít present I tried every single pin location on the door modules even with door lights activated on vcds.The only way I could get the rear door lights working on vw Tiguan mk 2 sel model was to tap in to the ambient lighting connector.Also had to put a bit of gorilla glue gel onto the lights to hold them in as it was so tight but has hold it in perfectly.All I can advise is to remove your window switch before removing door card as they are so easy to break I broke and replaced 2 window switches on this install but Iím happy with the results.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have part number for the door lights? I looked Tiguan specific light part number and only location I could find them was from official dealer. However they were 70€ per light so quite expensive.
    Are some other cars lights suitable for Tiguan?