VW Tiguan mk 2 door light install

Chiefegghead

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=184246
Replace the reflectors with led door lights at the moment I’ve only installed front passenger left door light.It took me all day to find the correct pin.The pin is on the blue door module top left pin on the module you will have to spice into the wire as it’s already occupied.You will need a suitable ground so just use the big screw on the inside door loosen then wrap your ground and tighten.Will add more information once I’ve finished install not sure how I can add a couple of photo’s to this post

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Reactions: Uwe

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
Installed that too on my tiguan. Front door modules already use the door exit light for the illuminated door sills. The rear modules however are free, you will need to enable the bit for the door light in the rear door modules. Either the rear or front door plastics required some dremel work since there is no through hole for the module and wiring, the other half already has a hole in them.
For ground i just used the nearest ground junction point in the door wiring harness.

Chiefegghead

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=184246
Thanks for the reply your most helpful

Installed that too on my tiguan. Front door modules already use the door exit light for the illuminated door sills. The rear modules however are free, you will need to enable the bit for the door light in the rear door modules. Either the rear or front door plastics required some dremel work since there is no through hole for the module and wiring, the other half already has a hole in them.
For ground i just used the nearest ground junction point in the door wiring harness.
I’ve only done the front passenger side at the moment but I accidentally busted the electric window switch so I’m waiting a replacement I’ve noticed that ambient lighting is t working in that door at moment just hoping it’s because a working window switch isn’t fitted.Sorry I’m not sure what you mean regarding the dremmel work I was just going to replace door reflector with led light then try to find the correct pin on the door module.
Thanks

Chiefegghead

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=184246
Thanks still getting used to how everything works

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
the pin is no secret anymore since a long time on the MQB platform, it's pin 16 of the blue 32pin connector of the door module.

Chiefegghead

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=184246
I’ve only done the front passenger side at the moment but I accidentally busted the electric window switch so I’m waiting a replacement I’ve noticed that ambient lighting is t working in that door at moment just hoping it’s because a working window switch isn’t fitted.Sorry I’m not sure what you mean regarding the dremmel work I was just going to replace door reflector with led light then try to find the correct pin on the door module.
Thanks

Window switch installed and had to unplug door adapter and working perfectly

Chiefegghead

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=184246
Thanks is this for the vw Tiguan mk 2 on the rear doors.

Chiefegghead

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=184246
All finished

Replace the reflectors with led door lights at the moment I’ve only installed front passenger left door light.It took me all day to find the correct pin.The pin is on the blue door module top left pin on the module you will have to spice into the wire as it’s already occupied.You will need a suitable ground so just use the big screw on the inside door loosen then wrap your ground and tighten.Will add more information once I’ve finished install not sure how I can add a couple of photo’s to this post

Finally finished installing lights on to rear doors but the 32 pin connector isn’t present I tried every single pin location on the door modules even with door lights activated on vcds.The only way I could get the rear door lights working on vw Tiguan mk 2 sel model was to tap in to the ambient lighting connector.Also had to put a bit of gorilla glue gel onto the lights to hold them in as it was so tight but has hold it in perfectly.All I can advise is to remove your window switch before removing door card as they are so easy to break I broke and replaced 2 window switches on this install but I’m happy with the results.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Do you have part number for the door lights? I looked Tiguan specific light part number and only location I could find them was from official dealer. However they were 70€ per light so quite expensive.
Are some other cars lights suitable for Tiguan?

Chiefegghead

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=184246
Do you have part number for the door lights? I looked Tiguan specific light part number and only location I could find them was from official dealer. However they were 70€ per light so quite expensive.
Are some other cars lights suitable for Tiguan?
I purchased mine of eBay they are not official vw but official vw are not led these are the led equivalent.please see link
2PCS No Error 18LED Courtesy Side Door Lights For VW Jetta CC Passat Golf https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/163365936390

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Thank you. Put them on order :D

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
If you want OEM lights, then these guys sell them at much more reasonable price than authorized dealers : https://shop.ahw-shop.de/tuerwarnleuchte-led-einstiegsleuchte-original-vw-leuchte-warnleuchte?c=6876

Thank you Chiefegghead for the write up. Finished installing the warning lights on my Tig today. Was a breeze as I did this the same time I started the side assist retrofit and installed new mirror caps with warning lights and did the wiring on the door for them. Now just have to do the rest of the wiring and install the radars behind the bumper.

Chiefegghead

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=184246
If you want OEM lights, then these guys sell them at much more reasonable price than authorized dealers : https://shop.ahw-shop.de/tuerwarnleuchte-led-einstiegsleuchte-original-vw-leuchte-warnleuchte?c=6876

Thank you Chiefegghead for the write up. Finished installing the warning lights on my Tig today. Was a breeze as I did this the same time I started the side assist retrofit and installed new mirror caps with warning lights and did the wiring on the door for them. Now just have to do the rest of the wiring and install the radars behind the bumper.
Brilliant 👍

Back