Status
Not open for further replies.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Is the President insisting on lawful citizens should be purporting to engage in a unlawful act and a felony of voter fraud?

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/09/03/trump-tries-to-backpedal-after-his-call-for-supporters-to-vote-twice-sparks-outrage/24609999/

Trump tries to backpedal after his call for supporters to vote twice sparks outrage

Jack: Allowing for Trump's idiosyncratic tendencies, how on God's green earth could any sane carbon-based-life-unit possibly interpret his tweet as:
"he [Trump] only wants voters to double-check that their ballots have been counted if they cast them by mail in the November election"?

Even if voters believe that Biden is evil incarnate, is the Trump intellect (and his grip on reality) really worthy of the title of POTUS?

Don

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Is the President insisting on lawful citizens should be purporting to engage in a unlawful act and a felony of voter fraud?
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/09/03/trump-tries-to-backpedal-after-his-call-for-supporters-to-vote-twice-sparks-outrage/24609999/

Trump tries to backpedal after his call for supporters to vote twice sparks outrage
Wait, I though the mail-in process was totally secure? Surely there's no way that anyone's vote could possibly be counted twice if they mailed in a ballot and showed up to vote in person as well, right? :rolleyes:

-Uwe-

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Wait, I though the mail-in process was totally secure? Surely there's no way that anyone's vote could possibly be counted twice if they mailed in a ballot and showed up to vote in person as well, right? :rolleyes:
Wanna know how I know election security isn't something you care about?

Katie Ross

Web Mistress
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN1-000276

-Uwe-
Hold on, I gotta go steal a mail truck with my MAGA hat on. Don't let me forget my fully automatic AR-15

Reactions: Uwe

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Yeah think so huh?

Trump says troops love him even if Pentagon brass doesn't

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Last edited by a moderator:

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Yeah think so huh?
Trump says troops love him even if Pentagon brass doesn't

They don't: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...s-poll-more-troops-say-theyll-vote-for-biden/

I think there's a good possibility:
I'm glad that he found some solace in that meeting. He deserves it wherever he can find it. I do wonder if his wife might have been better served by a CinC with a more coordinated, less randomly vacillating strategy in the region.

That January 2019 visit to Dover AFB was Trump's second visit of his Presidency, two years from the first where he got some personal feedback on his job performance.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Good. Wearing a face-diaper outdoors is absurd.
Terminology aside, that does seem true, in the abstract.

I'm not sure how closely packed the press corps were, that could have had an impact on the reporter's decision.

I'm also not sure what I'd do if my profession regularly took me into close proximity of a group who collectively decided COVID-19 isn't a big deal, it's mainly a hoax designed to hurt the President, that wearing a mask is a political statement rather than protection of oneself and others, and generally go about their daily lives without a care in the world. I'd probably social distance about a football field if I could, and get rather serious about PPE if I couldn't.

Or, go with me here, those freedoms that some like to use to not wear a mask, what if he used that same freedom to wear a mask? Is that allowed? Discuss!

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Equivocates, flip flops?

A Striking Reversal: Trump's Attacks on the Military and Defense Contractors

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Or, go with me here, those freedoms that some like to use to not wear a mask, what if he used that same freedom to wear a mask? Is that allowed?
Certainly. Feel free to wear a mask anytime or anywhere you want. But please refrain from telling me I have to wear one outdoors.

Oh, and if you wanna ask the President a question and he can't understand what you're saying because you sound all muffled through the thing, you'll have to find some way to make yourself understandable, or give up your turn.

BB tt

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=281085
Terminology aside, that does seem true, in the abstract.

I'm not sure how closely packed the press corps were, that could have had an impact on the reporter's decision.

I'm also not sure what I'd do if my profession regularly took me into close proximity of a group who collectively decided COVID-19 isn't a big deal, it's mainly a hoax designed to hurt the President, that wearing a mask is a political statement rather than protection of oneself and others, and generally go about their daily lives without a care in the world. I'd probably social distance about a football field if I could, and get rather serious about PPE if I couldn't.

Or, go with me here, those freedoms that some like to use to not wear a mask, what if he used that same freedom to wear a mask? Is that allowed? Discuss!
The CDC has inadvertently reconfirmed what it has stated in nearly every study it referenced for more than fifty years prior to June 2020; that masks show no statistical reduction in the spread of viruses such as the common cold (corona) and flu.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

7jEnxFK.jpg

-Uwe-

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
How do you validate mail-in ballots? Advocates of vote-by-mail will tell you,
"By comparing the signature on the ballot with the one on file from when the voter registered, of course!"

Well, not in Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania: Mail Ballots Can't Be Discarded Over Signature
Seek and ye shall find your answer in your very own citation:
The new guidance from Pennsylvania’s Department of State — that state law does not allow counties to set aside mail-in ballots based on their signature analysis — prompted the League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania and the Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh to drop a lawsuit in federal court Monday.
The groups had cited the lack of guidance on the subject and sought to ensure that voters have the chance to fix ballots that are flagged for a perceived signature mismatch.
Advocates of having votes accurately counted, asking for voters whose ballots are rejected to be notified, and to give them a chance to fix the problem, rather than having them silently round-filed. Seems like, among other things, a good way to make especially sure that patterns of voter fraud get exposed quickly. What possible rationale could someone have to fight against that? Do you not like having your vote counted?

While we're on the subject, maybe you could help me understand why Trump's campaign keeps texting me (who the fuck knows why or how I'm on their list) to sign up for my super secure absentee ballot. Because I don't seem to recall Trump's vote-by-mail ballot, or your absentee ballot, being couriered both ways by Brinks armored truck, handcuffed to the driver's wrist, having been filled out only after verifying identity with DNA checks and iris scans. In fact, I recall them being identical (FL) or substantially identical (PA) processes to those much-maligned by people legendary for bad-faith arguments and lying about the weather.

trump-ballot-bs.jpg

Last edited:

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Certainly. Feel free to wear a mask anytime or anywhere you want. But please refrain from telling me I have to wear one outdoors.
Mmm. Context-dependent, be smart depending on density. I don't really ask you for anything beyond taking the problem seriously.

Oh, and if you wanna ask the President a question and he can't understand what you're saying because you sound all muffled through the thing, you'll have to find some way to make yourself understandable, or give up your turn.
Here are some ways that people might indicate they're having trouble understanding you. Which one feels the most natural in this situation?
  • I'm sorry?
  • Come again?
  • I didn't quite get that.
  • Could you repeat that?
  • Say again?
  • Could you speak up just a bit?
  • Pardon me?
  • I beg your pardon.
  • I didn't catch that.
  • Sorry, what?
  • Huh?
  • I missed that.
  • What was that again?
  • Que?
  • Bend the knee by removing your mask during a pandemic because I'm a narcissistic asshat who wove mask opposition into the very fabric of my party's identity because they mess up my spray tan and television makeup, and you're jamming me up wearing one in front of all these cameras?
Bonus: $100 from me to the apolitical charity of your choice (smoking cessation perhaps?) if you can produce a recording of this reporter legitimately not being able to make himself understood to those around him, repeatedly, while wearing a mask. Video strongly preferred. Primary source should be a household name news network viewable on basic cable television, or a newspaper orderable on paper for home delivery in a city larger than 500,000 residents. Fox News allowed if (and only if) sourced directly from their own site and/or own social media. This being a subjective thing, in case of disagreement, disputes to be resolved by a mutually agreeable third party.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back