Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524
Karl Marx and followers of his economic philosophy, are single minded idealistic fools thinking with their hearts and not their heads.

For more context on how we, collectively as a nation, view Marx and his methods. I'd recommend reading this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism

It's changed more from "fear" to "ridicule". Heck even China and Russia, the two most prominent countries to ever have tried communism, have realized that it can not work or sustain itself in it's purest form.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Should not he of of done that 2 days ago live & 'IF' he was using his head?

:p Just what does 'IF' mean?
Michael Bloomberg Says He Will Release Women From NDAs If They Ask

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-he-will-release-women-from-ndas-if-they-ask

1000x-1.jpg

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Mike: Wow - them's strong words indeed (I like anything written with passion)!! I'm going out on a limb here and my understanding could be entirely wrong, but I sense from your response that you also don't support Marxism!:D Only joking!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fundamentalist where Karl's work is involved: I find much of his writings to be interesting and notwithstanding your views - I reckon that there is value in some of his observations. That said, I agree that adopting Marx-Lenin thinking as the singular basis for establishing and governing a populous has its problems (as you correctly point-out in Russia's case).

However and purely IMO, China is an entirely different and much-more interesting kettle-of-fish. Yes, it's technically a communist country, but it would be wrong to align today's China with Marxist principles. I'm sure you would agree that like the rest of the world, China learned much from the fall of the Berlin wall. I agree that China's economic reform and it's quasi embrace/integration of some aspects of capitalist principles (which are antithetical to Marxist thinking) make it "special". Time will tell if China's particular version of communism (an evolution of Das Kapital- perhaps?) will succeed - or not! My personal view is that China has more to fear from it's own citizens than it does from the threat of America's military machine (although I also fear that the centralist Government may use the latter to achieve support from the former - and if that happens, we can all kiss-our-collective-arses-goodby!!!).

As for McCarthyism (and admittedly as a foreigner), I'm not sure the antics of the good Senator from Wisconsin says much at all about Marxism. IMO, the process used by Senator McCarthy (with the assistance of Roy Cohn) says more about how to use an ideology to further one's own ambitions, than it says about the economic/political writings of a 19th century Jewish Russian!!

Don

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Should not he of of done that 2 days ago live & 'IF' he was using his head?

Absolutely he should have, right then and there, during the debate, for all the world to see.

Nobody's perfect. Everyone makes mistakes and people respect it when you own up to them.

-Uwe-

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524
Buttigieg and Klobuchar officially out. Surprised Buttigieg is dropping this early, he does have 26 pledged delegates.

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Buttigieg and Klobuchar officially out. Surprised Buttigieg is dropping this early, he does have 26 pledged delegates.
And DJT is now the youngest man left in the race. :popcorn:

Tomorrow (Super Tuesday) is certainly going to be interesting.

-Uwe-

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524
And DJT is now the youngest man left in the race. :popcorn:

Tomorrow (Super Tuesday) is certainly going to be interesting.

-Uwe-

Remind me again why there isn't an age MAXIMUM for running for President?

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
So the day after Super Tuesday, here's where we are:

Donkeys (1991 needed to win):
Biden: 566
Sanders: 501
Warren: 61
Bloomberg: 53
Buttigieg: 26
Klobuchar: 7

Buttigieg and Klobuchar dropped out on Sunday/Monday and endorsed Biden.
Bloomberg dropped out today and endorsed Biden. He's spent over $500 million dollars, or roughly $10 million per delegate.

It's unclear how long Warren will stay in the race. Her views and proposals are closer to Sanders so if she dropped out, most of her support would probably go to Sanders. The powers that be, even in the Democratic Party, do not want Sanders to be the nominee, so it wouldn't surprise me if they "encourage" her to stay in. I actually kind of wonder what they did to "persuade" Buttigieg and Klobuchar to drop out just before Super Tuesday.

Elephants (1276 needed to win):
Trump: 883
Weld: 1

There's obviously no contest here.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
And Warren is out.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I still think Warren would of been the most fun to watch debate.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back