Quote Originally Posted by jyoung8607 View Post
He's consistent about very few things, and this is one of them: nobody can see the tax returns. He's spent considerable time and money making sure that's the case, and has been doing so for years.

The "billionaire" had to go to Wayne Lapierre with hat-in-hand to ask for support for his impeachment defense. Myself, I think Presidents should not be trading United States domestic policy in exchange for a personal benefit, particularly from an organization with exceptionally well documented ties to Russia, but that's just my feeling and also the feeling of a majority of America. Hell, even Republicans are against it when a Democrat is in office.
Funny how that works, isn't it? It's a high crime when the person isn't part of your party, but when they are part of your party? Nah, let it go, what's the big deal??

The cognitive dissonance in this nation when it comes to politics and politicians is real, especially when it's someone who's completely and blindly beholden to a party or personality... and that goes beyond just Trump, but he's the loudest, easiest target at the moment.