Not open for further replies.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
hartman%20and%20beehive.gif

Negative attention relevant again this round or will it sting with that sweet honey smack taste?

Round 1 to commence............

IndianaMuscle

Banned
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=368009
I think you're right, hard-core Democrats won't be complacent again. But I think the extreme left positions that all the Democrat candidates are taking (stuff like, "Yes, let's extend free health care to all illegal aliens") are not palatable to many of the independent voters in the center, and in the end, those are the people who decide the outcome.

-Uwe-

Never thought dumbBush would get re-elected either. Don’t count him out.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
A lot of North Koreans believe their country is the best in the world too.
If so, it's only because they do not have any data on conditions in other parts of the world. They see nothing but what's fed to them by their state-controlled media, nor are they free to travel outside their country to see for themselves how the rest of the world lives.

-Uwe-

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524
If so, it's only because they do not have any data on conditions in other parts of the world. They see nothing but what's fed to them by their state-controlled media, nor are they free to travel outside their country to see for themselves how the rest of the world lives.

-Uwe-

It's an intentionally hyperbolic example explaining how they don't know any better. We too in many cases here in this country think that this is the greatest country in the world, but when it comes to most aspects there are multiple other countries that have us beat. Additionally "Best" is an incredibly subjective term. What one views as good, others may disagree with.

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030

-Uwe-
While the media in the US is undoubtedly a lot more free than that of North Korea, it's still going to be the main perspective on the rest of the world for the majority of Americans though, as even now less than 50% of US citizens have a passport.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42586638
So while they have the freedom to explore, a lot don't exercise that right...

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
fixed for you. :wink:

also, not specific to US, but many can't afford to travel for leisure, especially out of country.
I know there are mitigating factors and I'm playing Devil's Advocate really, but if the argument is that North Koreans think their country is the best in the world as they've not been anywhere better, the same is technically true of more than 50% of Americans (and 20+% of Brits, etc.)

D-Dub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=272151
agreed.

the grass may or may not be greener on the other side of the fence.

but not everyone can even see over the fence to make that observation.

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524

lepa71

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=303671
Why policies are garbage? Just wondering. I don't agree with all of them but...

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
To be frank, I don't even see why this matters. She can be a misguided white person or a misguided native American. Her policies are garbage either way.

You are not Frank you're Mike and I'm not talking about policy, I'm referring to physiological angle & for how an underdog is perceived & by what people want to hear, everyone said Trump had no shot either and further dismissed him, he is now the President. :rolleyes:

This won't be about policy that dictates the winner, it will be about a promise made and expectations met or expectations not met yet.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I think Trump would like nothing better than to run against someone as far left as Sanders or Warren.

-Uwe-

I want to be entertained at least, don't you?

It's not like we can change anything anyway & with a vote on that election, that is a laugh, only the rich and powerful corporations have rights or what was it more privileges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back