Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Presidential Election

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/4738256002

Fallon explains just how bad it is for Biden in the polls
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    With two states down and 48 (plus DC and some territories) to go, the current Delegate count is:

Donkeys (1991 needed to win):
    Buttigieg: 22
    Sanders: 21
    Warren: 8
    Klobuchar: 7
    Biden: 6

Elephants (1276 needed to win):
    Trump: 61
    Weld: 1

Some people say they hate primary season. I find it quite entertaining; far more so than any of the professional sports.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

3. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still want a match of debates with Trump & Warren to eat popcorn too!
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    I still want a match of debates with Trump & Warren to eat popcorn too!
    Sanders vs. Bloomberg in the semi-finals?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

6. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope has to be War path Warren Uwe that is the ultimate match line up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Warren's campaign is dead in the water right now IMO

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^^ hmm....... no disrespect intended and I certainly mean no offense to the citizens of what I consider to be a great country - but:

• Trump net worth ~ B$3.1
    • Bloomberg net worth ~ B$50.8

For past POTUS:
    • Clinton net worth ~ M$80 (2017)
    • Obama net worth ~M$70 (2018)
    • Bush (George W) net worth ~ M$40 (2018).

Is it just inflation, or simply a sign of the times?

I'm not sure how that 19th-century German economist and social theorist, Karl Marx is viewed on this forum - but it was he who first described America as "THE capitalist economy" to describe a system in which a small group of people who control large amounts of money (capital) make the most important economic decisions.

Could it be the Marx got it wrong and that in THE capitalist economy for the 21st century, "the important economic decisions" should now read "the important political decisions"?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike R View Post
    Warren's campaign is dead in the water right now IMO
    She might have gotten some mojo back last night; we'll see.

-Uwe-

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    I'm not sure how that 19th-century German economist and social theorist, Karl Marx is viewed on this forum
    I can't speak for everyone here, but I view him as the guy who inspired various communist despots to kill over 100 million people who didn't agree their vision in the last century.

-Uwe-

12. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^^^ hmmm......... OK, so not a fan then - I'm not surprised and it's more than likely that your views are shared with many of your countrymen (his works are both lauded and debunked with equal conviction)

I'm not similarly minded about Marxism principles albeit some of his ideas were a tad odd!! But I certainly don't hold Marx accountable for the "despots" that subsequently claimed to be inspired by his works - I hold said despots 100% accountable for their actions!!

I can't prove it of course, but I suspect that Marx himself (and Lenin) would have totally rejected Stalin's mode of leadership and the similar atrocities of his counterpart, Mao Zedong in China.

Anyway, enuff of such stuff - The 2020 POTUS caravan seems to be gaining momentum. I need to binge watch my recorded videos of "The Apprentice" again so that I can tell the difference between reality-TV and reality (it ain't easy to tell them apart)!!!

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 02-21-2020 at 12:00 AM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)