Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Presidential Election

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I've never understood is people who are willing to use the power of the state (and thus a threat of violence) to tell another adult what he or she may or may not consume.

-Uwe-

I say let people do whatever the fuck they want & as long as it doesn't create a responsibility to the public, encroach harm on others & if so, than there is a problem!

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

2. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    I say let people do whatever the fuck they want & as long as it doesn't create a responsibility to the public, encroach harm on others & if so, than there is a problem!
    This is where socialization of "health care" gets to be a problem. Once you do that, anything an individual does that in any way bad for their health, be it drinking alcohol, smoking, or simply eating too much grilled meat, "creates a responsibility to the public", no matter if it doesn't directly affect anyone else.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

4. Likes PetrolDave, NZDubNurd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is where socialization of "health care" gets to be a problem. Once you do that, anything an individual does that in any way bad for their health, be it drinking alcohol, smoking, or simply eating too much grilled meat, "creates a responsibility to the public", no matter if it doesn't directly affect anyone else.

-Uwe-

This is true but I don't want free socialized healthcare.
    I want single pay and Government regulated healthcare, especially if they are going to require anyone to pay for anyone for it & with my tax money.
    When people exhibit such choice in ailments, it should be reflected in the premium and I still think the external insurance companies can still write polices too & which indeed write up such premium increases for those life choices.

https://www.politico.com/news/elizab...ntial-election

ANALYSIS
    Biden fails to step up or fall down

The frontrunner marches in place, waiting to see if any of his rivals can displace him.

By JOHN F. HARRIS
    09/13/2019 02:18 AM EDT

Vice President Joe Biden—who as in previous outings interspersed some strong moments with several mushy or head-scratching ones—seemed emphatically life-sized, once again, in the latest debate in Houston.
    There is an optical dimension to presidential politics that is hard to explain in logical terms but hard to deny in practical experience: At some point winning candidates seem to grow larger in public projection and their ability to dominate a stage.

https://www.vox.com/2019/9/12/208609...e-warren-biden

Elizabeth Warren leads Joe Biden in ranked-choice poll

Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I want single pay and Government regulated healthcare
    Then you do want individuals' lifestyle choices to "creates a responsibility to the public".

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then you do want individuals' lifestyle choices to "creates a responsibility to the public".

-Uwe-
    No sir & that's the point of the increased cost, too offset the liability created by the life choice.

Just as I see penalties for those life choices, there should be credits for ones that change them or prove to be more responsible.

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...roundup-228104

Fulfill the prophecy & set the wish master free!

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/pol...izabeth-warren

Elizabeth Warren just won an endorsement that’s making Bernie Sanders’s world really mad

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is true but I don't want free socialized healthcare.
    I want single pay and Government regulated healthcare, especially if they are going to require anyone to pay for anyone for it & with my tax money.
    When people exhibit such choice in ailments, it should be reflected in the premium and I still think the external insurance companies can still write polices too & which indeed write up such premium increases for those life choices.

https://www.politico.com/news/elizab...ntial-election

https://www.vox.com/2019/9/12/208609...e-warren-biden

Elizabeth Warren leads Joe Biden in ranked-choice poll
    Giving a single entity much more massive bargaining power (such as a single payer government system) is definitely something I'd like to see.

Firstly, that makes it much easier to get drug prices down to reasonable levels. It would also be great if we could make up a rule to somehow make it illegal for hedge funds to buy drug companies, slash R&D budgets and jack the snot out of the price of drugs solely in the name of max profit.

I normally am all for businesses being able to see and do as they please so long as it doesn't negatively affect others. The problem is when health care is allowed to put more emphasis on profits than on doing what's actually good for patients, ugly things happen. To me it absolutely is a huge conflict of interest.

I will also say as a business owner who currently has no employees, if I WERE to consider having an employee or two, that decision would be made much easier if my small shop didn't have to compete with much larger or even corporate owned ones and also have to provide very expensive healthcare plans. Being a small business, it's actually very hurtful and difficult to attract the best talent when you're at a competitive disadvantage on the ability to offer healthcare insurance. Now, as a business with only a couple employees, I would not be required to offer said health insurance, but again, see above where that means it's more difficult to attract good employees when they can go elsewhere and get health insurance at larger shops who have better bargaining power as well as quantity discounts with insurers to be able to offer it to employees without wrecking the budget.

That would be a MASSIVE equalizer in the business world to not have that burden and extra facet of competition placed on their shoulders.

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...ren-s-n1055511
    NBC/WSJ poll: Biden leads Dem 2020 field, Warren's support grows

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...ren-s-n1055511
    NBC/WSJ poll: Biden leads Dem 2020 field, Warren's support grows
    So Joe and Liz have both picked up roughly 5%. That means others had to lose an equivalent amount.

Looks like the big losers there are Willie Brown's mistress and Not Sure.

-Uwe-