Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524
Mike : very interesting (thanks) - I agree, an unhealthy example of the changing democratic processes.

With the explosion of different information sources to the community, there is probably an urgent need to educate the voting public about how to consume media (and not just in America) -maybe? The one good aspect of the Donald's regime in the US is his coining of the term "fake media" - but there is an infinitely larger degree of complexity to this simple distinction. Perhaps this is just an example of the fast-pace evolution in information delivery lagging the ability of users to assimilate the knowledge - perhaps?

Don
It's weird. It's like ever since Trump announced he was running in 2015, media feels like it as a whole has been DDoSed, at this point it's more or less impossible to tell what is real and what is fake. A lot of people play "whisper down the lane." to get a story out quickly and often add their own sensationalistic flair without actually doing investigative work first.

Another part of the problem is that rage-baiting has proven to be incredibly profitable. Keywords like "Sexist" "Racist" and the like are taken out of context and used disingenuously because it generates clicks more, and the adverts as well as owners of the outlets encourage this sort of thing by giving more funding to what makes them more revenue. It's more profitable for them, top to bottom to sensationalize, credibility be damned.

And then you have certain outlets like the Washington Post, New York Times, and Politico which I genuinely believe have been overrun by the far left. The Wall Street Journal? Sounds more like Occupy Wall Street Journal these days.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Is it a bankruptcy plan to start over and forgive all debt and screw the medical industry?

What about reading the Federal register, is that fake too?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Last edited by a moderator:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Doesn't everyone just wish the President would admit a mistake and move on, rather than double down on worthless sound bytes or is it a Genius/Dumb ass of manipulating the media and keeping all eyes focused on him that got him the first win & now could be an epic FAIL?

Trump flails in interview with Wallace, citing false and nonexistent data on COVID-19

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...se-and-nonexistent-data-on-covid-19/24566432/

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It's about the Trump voter
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/507178-feehery-its-about-the-trump-voter

The Trump voter knows the risks of being a Trump voter. They see what happens to people who wear MAGA hats or have Trump stickers on their cars. They know what happens when they say too much on social media and they know what can happen to people who say what they really believe.

So they keep their mouths shut. But they are going to vote this fall. They can’t wait to vote this fall.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Is not the Trump voter pissed that big business is shoving it in the little guy's " The Trump Voters Ass ", therefore there are no Trump voters or presence at the rallies and due to clear economic down turn, further that is absolutely coming & so in the second turn, the Democrats will be voted in to win the race and claim the checkered flag?

It isn't about statues or maga hats is it?

It is about the transfer of money & that money doesn't spend well nor will spend well later under hyper inflation!
How does the racket/market rigged game do well, when no one saves and everyone is in the aforementioned market to retire and the real owners sell off at highs and the poor long term investor becomes even more poor?

I'll take my Chinese tank-less hot water heater any day & over any USA built unit, I can buy 7 for the cost of one delivered, so how the fuck can you stop it?

Why would I buy a name brand that only rots out in front of me, because it's made with even cheaper parts than the one from China directly & due to a big company buying shit to hit profit point from China anyway?

Why would I agree with a more than likely American company, to force a China or other foreign company, to sell those parts or else & on cheap in C tier quality & only assemble the item here & with grossly underpaid workers to slap a sticker that says made in USA and is a complete pile of SHIT?

Orange tractor and mower parts come to mind real fast!

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
US election 2020: Kanye West launches unconventional bid for US presidency

Is he serious and he appears to be leaving his run a little - isn't he?

Don

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
US election 2020: Kanye West launches unconventional bid for US presidency
Is he serious and he appears to be leaving his run a little - isn't he?
Don
Not sure. One theory is that he still supports Trump and is mounting this independent run to steal enough black votes from Biden to sway a few key battleground states back to Trump.

-Uwe-

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^ ^hmm..... OK - I like the theory. But, listening to his address to the audience (no amplified mikes were used) - it seems like a pretty weird message if his purpose was to sway voters away from Biden.

Sill, Kayne does claim to have synesthesia (as does every modern singer these days) - so I guess his intelligence is way above that of us simple folk!!

Don

M1ke TT

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
H11-010048 (2nd Hand)
It's about the Trump voter
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/507178-feehery-its-about-the-trump-voter

The Trump voter knows the risks of being a Trump voter. They see what happens to people who wear MAGA hats or have Trump stickers on their cars. They know what happens when they say too much on social media and they know what can happen to people who say what they really believe.

So they keep their mouths shut. But they are going to vote this fall. They can’t wait to vote this fall.

-Uwe-

^^^This. My wife still thinks I voted for Hillary, and I can't wait to vote for Biden. Got a lawn sign and everything!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
^^^This. My wife still thinks I voted for Hillary, and I can't wait to vote for Biden.
Personally, I would not marry a woman felt I had to lie to.

Got a lawn sign and everything!
Yeah, but somehow I don't think Trump Supporters, Republicans, Conservatives, and Libertarians (collectively "the right") will trash your property for having a Biden lawn sign.

Now if only "the left" were equally civilized.....

-Uwe-

Last edited:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
what is a "lawn sign" - do you mow "Biden" (or, "Tuck Frump") into the grass ? :)

Don

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
what is a "lawn sign" - do you mow "Biden" (or, "Tuck Frump") into the grass ? :)
Not quite. They are signs like this:

usagerights.jpg

-Uwe-

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

-Uwe-

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^ Uwe, I'm aware that you are not a fan of mail-votes for the US election (we have absentee votes by mail here for our elections) - but the thing that caught my eye in looking at the video, was the dynamic of the face mask on actor/journalist? Interesting as to when the mask was/wasn't covering his mouth!

We have just imposed mandatory wearing of face masks here because of our wave-2 infection count and journalists are able to remove their masks when talking-to-camera. I'm guessing from the absence of masks on many folk in the video that that Philadelphia doesn't have mandatory wearing of masks - but the mask dynamic is interesting nevertheless.

Apology for hijacking your post

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back