Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Presidential Election

Post Thanks / Like
    Karl Marx and followers of his economic philosophy, are single minded idealistic fools thinking with their hearts and not their heads.

For more context on how we, collectively as a nation, view Marx and his methods. I'd recommend reading this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism

It's changed more from "fear" to "ridicule". Heck even China and Russia, the two most prominent countries to ever have tried communism, have realized that it can not work or sustain itself in it's purest form.

2. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should not he of of done that 2 days ago live & 'IF' he was using his head?

Just what does 'IF' mean?
    Michael Bloomberg Says He Will Release Women From NDAs If They Ask

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...as-if-they-ask

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike: Wow - them's strong words indeed (I like anything written with passion)!! I'm going out on a limb here and my understanding could be entirely wrong, but I sense from your response that you also don't support Marxism! Only joking!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fundamentalist where Karl's work is involved: I find much of his writings to be interesting and notwithstanding your views - I reckon that there is value in some of his observations. That said, I agree that adopting Marx-Lenin thinking as the singular basis for establishing and governing a populous has its problems (as you correctly point-out in Russia's case).

However and purely IMO, China is an entirely different and much-more interesting kettle-of-fish. Yes, it's technically a communist country, but it would be wrong to align today's China with Marxist principles. I'm sure you would agree that like the rest of the world, China learned much from the fall of the Berlin wall. I agree that China's economic reform and it's quasi embrace/integration of some aspects of capitalist principles (which are antithetical to Marxist thinking) make it "special". Time will tell if China's particular version of communism (an evolution of Das Kapital- perhaps?) will succeed - or not! My personal view is that China has more to fear from it's own citizens than it does from the threat of America's military machine (although I also fear that the centralist Government may use the latter to achieve support from the former - and if that happens, we can all kiss-our-collective-arses-goodby!!!).

As for McCarthyism (and admittedly as a foreigner), I'm not sure the antics of the good Senator from Wisconsin says much at all about Marxism. IMO, the process used by Senator McCarthy (with the assistance of Roy Cohn) says more about how to use an ideology to further one's own ambitions, than it says about the economic/political writings of a 19th century Jewish Russian!!

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 02-21-2020 at 04:13 PM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Post Thanks / Like
    It was a joke nothing more, dont people get it?

Bloomberg says three women who signed non-disclosure agreements can be released

https://www.aol.com/article/news/202...ased/23932574/

Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    [B]Should not he of of done that 2 days ago live & 'IF' he was using his head?
    Absolutely he should have, right then and there, during the debate, for all the world to see.

Nobody's perfect. Everyone makes mistakes and people respect it when you own up to them.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

7. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's the matter, Chicken?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/02/23/o...lah/index.html

Bernie Sanders absolutely could win it all this November

Ludicrous speed.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Markets in turmoil over corn bread virus and social science projects, could it be a tad over bought?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/02/25/p...ers/index.html

This new South Carolina poll is very bad news for Joe Biden

Post Thanks / Like
    Again?

Bomb-berg?

Post Thanks / Like
    Buttigieg and Klobuchar officially out. Surprised Buttigieg is dropping this early, he does have 26 pledged delegates.

12. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike R View Post
    Buttigieg and Klobuchar officially out. Surprised Buttigieg is dropping this early, he does have 26 pledged delegates.
    And DJT is now the youngest man left in the race.

Tomorrow (Super Tuesday) is certainly going to be interesting.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

14. Likes PetrolDave liked this post