Software

Telboy

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=250830
Hi all,
Its been some time since I've been on the site.
Anyways I have a VW Golf MK4 GTI 1.8T Dec 2003 and now getting a VW Polo March 2016 GTI and was wondering if i would run in to any problem with using this software on my newer vehicle?
Also will i need a newer 3ed party cable?
Thanks

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
Hi Telboy

It will all depend on what cable you have.
You mention a 3rd party cable - are you using a KKL and VCDS-Lite?
If so, yes you'll need to upgrade to a HEX-V2 or HEX-NET, as the Polo moved to CAN diagnostics in 2010:
https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/canbus.php

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yep, he's a "Verified VCDS-Lite User". VCDS-Lite is not going to work on a 2016 car. We do have discounts available for registered VCDS-Lite users on 10-VIN and up interfaces; basically it's a 10-VIN for the price of a 3-VIN.

-Uwe-

Telboy

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=250830
So from 2010 VCDS lite is useless. unless you buy the full software/cable with CAN support!
For someone who just doing home maintenance hope its not costly. i see the Micro CAN would that be something that i be after?

Last edited:

Mari

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=150535
I think you are better of with Hex-V2 or Hex-Net, yes a little more expensive but with these two you a set for the future.

I recently sold my HEX+CAN-interface and planning to buy the HEX-NET, simply because I now miss the extended UDS fault details which only are supported by the newest interfaces.

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
So from 2010 VCDS lite is useless. unless you buy the full software/cable with CAN support!
For someone who just doing home maintenance hope its not costly. i see the Micro CAN would that be something that i be after?

The Micro-CAN was discontinued at the end of 2016 along with the HEX-USB+CAN interfaces, so you could only buy one 2nd-hand now.
It would be somewhat of a false economy going from a product that's been obsolete since 2010 to another which has been obsolete since 2017, when you could go for a brand new current generation interface for similar money.

Back