Lost Original Coding for ABS module

ThatDude

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=370464
Hello Everyone,

My names Alex, I'm new to the forums here. I own a 2009 Volkswagen GTI. My ABS Module went out and I had to replace it with a used one that I found on Ebay. (I believe it came from a jetta 2011). Unfortunately, the original ABS module was thrown in the garbage without ever getting a chance to retrieve any of the original coding.

I recently got a Schwaben VW/audi scan tool where I can do Long Coding on.
This is what my long coding Menu looks like:
1. Software Coding-00000000000000000000000000000000
2. WorkShop Code- 000066
3.Importer Number- 0000
4. Equipment Number- 0000000

I'm not sure if I just need the correct Long code(1) or if I need to enter in the correct code for 1,2,3,&4.

My VIN is: WVWEV71K19W133621

Not sure if this is relevant but the VAG number is 1k0907379bj Component: ESPMK60EC1H310121 (I think this is the current abs info not sure though)

If anyone can help me code the new ABS module to my car I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I recently got a Schwaben VW/audi scan tool where I can do Long Coding on.
So you've come to the Ross-Tech VCDS forum looking for help using this tool?

781459_x800.webp

:confused:

-Uwe-

ThatDude

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=370464
I just need help retrieving the correct coding for my vehicle, not using the tool. If someone could point me in the right direction or give me an idea on the next step to take in order to get the correct coding for my vehicle. This has been giving me a headache for over a year now and just trying to sort this out finally. I went through hell and back with VW corporate on this issue. This is really the only place I have left to turn to. I was under the impression that I needed the ROSSTECH cable to do the long coding, but I guess I can do it from this tool too.

ThatDude

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=370464
Do i have to pay someone here to get help with coding this? I am simply looking for some help with the coding. I was planning on buying a Cable through ROSS TECH down the road.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Maybe ECS or Foxwell can help you? They surely have a forum for their customers to get help with stuff like this, just like Ross-Tech does for our customers here, right?

-Uwe-

PS: I suspect you have the wrong ABS module for your car.

ThatDude

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=370464
I don't know the answer to that question. Sorry for asking for help.

Viking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151455
I just need help retrieving the correct coding for my vehicle, not using the tool. If someone could point me in the right direction or give me an idea on the next step to take in order to get the correct coding for my vehicle. This has been giving me a headache for over a year now and just trying to sort this out finally. I went through hell and back with VW corporate on this issue. This is really the only place I have left to turn to. I was under the impression that I needed the ROSSTECH cable to do the long coding, but I guess I can do it from this tool too.

The forum here is run by Ross Tech to offer support for users of their tool (specifically their product). Asking for assistance in using others equipment to solve a problem is cheeky to say the least, but I've no doubt if you turned up next week and provided a scan from a Genuine Ross Tech VCDS tool your questions would be answered.

ThatDude

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=370464
Viking, thank you for the helpful response! I didn't realize I was stepping toes by posting my question, and I apologize.
I understand now that this is purely a support forum for Ross-Tech products. I was intending on purchasing the ross-tech cable before posting here, but after initially getting a passive aggressive response I do not feel welcome.

ThatDude

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=370464
Can someone confirm if the ABS Pump Model #1K0614517DL (2012 jetta module) Would accept the original coding in my car? The original coding was thrown away with the original abs, but before I go and buy the VCDS cable(I'm going to anyway) can someone tell me if that specific module I have will work, or is the only module that will accept coding for my car the 1K0614517BD. If someone could let me know if the 1k0614517DL version can be coded to my car that will help me figure out what I need to buy in addition to the VCDS cable.

ThatDude

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=370464
I am humbly asking for some help. I'm going to be buying the cable, but I can't afford to buy it yet without knowing beforehand if I need to buy another (compatible) ABS module. Please can someone help me? I wasn't trying to take take advantage of anyone on this forum, I just need someone to answer this question for me so I know what needs to be done. Thanks.

ThatDude

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=370464
I was never able to see what Module came from the factory before it was replaced with the used ebay one, but the dealership told me the part i need is 1K0614517BD after providing my VIN.

langers2k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=224085
Or even find a local VCDS owner who's able to do a scan for you.

Various car forums have owners lists or maps which should help you find someone :)

Back