Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adaptation Problem in 8E central electronics -09 with HEX V2 adapter

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mari View Post
    Don't know what you do or how you do things... Using a non genuine version of Windows isn't that smart either

Try by selecting the item you want to change from the pull-down menu instead of changing channel-number(s)...
    Ok...there!! i've fixed the non geuine windows that had nothing to do with the issue AT ALL so the genuine windows comment was basically your own irrelevant personal opinion.

and it's not a matter of me successfully accessing adaptation channel options with one adapter then forgetting how to do the exact same thing a few seconds later with the other adapter.

!!!!!!!!!!THIS IS MY ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!

hello everybody!

my friends older, cheaper AI adapter can access and make more changes than my newer, more expensive HEX-V2 adapter is able to do! WHY??!?!?!

i spoke to the swedish www.VCDS.se and told them, and they told me that the HEX should be better and access and change more S*IT than the AI adapter but it DON'T!

07-03-2019, 08:59 PM Uwe told me
    Unfortunately it's s 4th of July week both guys who need to look at this are on vacation.
    then never answered me again!

THATS my issue!!!

don't get sidetracked with personal opinions about my desktop background, the font i use when i'm typing, the batterylevel on my computer right now or some other irrelevant f*cking things!

it's simple!.. if YOU don't know, im not asking YOU!
    i'm asking if SOMEBODY knows?!?! if someone actually knows, THATS the one person i'm asking..

thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm having issue too with 8E platform and different Hex-NET and V2 devices.

I believe it being to due the issue this car diagnostic is built.
    I dislike that high-end device like Hex-NET isn't able to access it correctly, but I do understand that main developent focus goes on newer models(ie...MQB) and that may be reason that some stuff may have been missed.

Same thing like when Vas-PC moved to ODIS. Older stuff had some bugs.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

3. Likes Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Egon,

If you still have access to both interfaces please try the following:

HEX-USB+CAN or similar Legacy Interface (good baseline info):

[Options]
    Change the Debug level from 0 to 1024
    [Apply]
    [Select]
    [09-Cent. Elect.]
    We know it will communicate with all of the channels so select a single channel, Read and wait for data to populate.
    Exit the controller and [Exit] VCDS.

Please slide the files with .dlm extensions in the Debug folder into a new folder named HUC1024. By default that would be: C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Debug

Make sure the Debug folder is empty after completing the HEX-USB+CAN testing.

HEX-NET -or- HEX-V2:
    Debugging needs to be performed with the USB wire (not wireless).

1) Repeat the Debug level 1024 instructions above. Make sure to read the same single channel. Please move the .dlm files into a folder called: HV21024

Again, make sure the Debug folder is empty after completing that sequence.

2) Change the Debug level from 0 to 1028

Repeat the original steps. Both .dlm and .edl files will be generated moving forward. Please move those into a folder named HV21028 so the Debug folder is empty.

3) The last debug level in VCDS is 1044. We would want to repeat the VCDS steps saving .dlm and .edl files to a new folder called HV21044.

Zipping all of those up and sending them to support via e-mail would give us the most comprehensive set of files to use to find the bug without a car present.

If you don't have time for all of those steps please get 1024s using each interface which will give us a starting point.

5. Likes Uwe, Boki Ar, PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm now having similar issue with A6. Not sure if related or not, but I've sent debugs to support.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda

7. Likes Dana, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please let me know when you get some answers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Magnus, We received the files. Hopefully they shed light on this concern!

10. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello!
    Does anybody have some new information about our issue?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anything yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm having a Audi A4 B6/B7 in the shop where I can make a Hex-NET debug from in few days. Need to fix CKP sensor and water leak issues first to have a good reference scan....

14. Likes PetrolDave liked this post