Not open for further replies.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Hiya

Wanted to ask if You guys know the correct p/n for mkiv microswitches? I guess NA mk4-s have also problem with them.
My friend fixes them using some microswitches, but they are the wrong side ones. I know he uses bolts to hold them down and also lots of hot glue.

Rembrant

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230053
Hiya

Wanted to ask if You guys know the correct p/n for mkiv microswitches? I guess NA mk4-s have also problem with them.
My friend fixes them using some microswitches, but they are the wrong side ones. I know he uses bolts to hold them down and also lots of hot glue.

I'd read through this thread...I think the part numbers are listed:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...cks-explained-why-you-re-having-problems!!!-(

I just finished installing a new drivers door latch...it had more problems than a faulty microswitch, and replacing it made more sense.

Hope that helps,
Rem

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

I had these apart several times, Jetta, New Beetle and if memory serves me correctly the switch could be only half the concern. I do recall the part that the switch was contacting, the 'cam', that was also plastic and was showing signs of wear too. This maybe only one type of design and your results maybe different.

The vehicle I fixed was a 2004/5 New Beetle and I went to the 'You Pick Your Part', LKQ salvage yard and took one (micro-switch) from a passenger door latch, lot less wear and I paid a couple dollars for it.

Call me cheap, but with a 1996 GTI, a lot of parts are obsolete so pickin in the junk yard has become a hobby.

drpeter

Reactions: Uwe

Rembrant

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230053
I have no idea what the quality of these Chinese latches is like, but I saw one listed last week for $27 bucks...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-DRIVER-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item27e80688c4&vxp=mtr

Normally I would try one of these...the car is just a rusty old Jetta after all...but I didn't want to wait and bought a new one locally. I expect with the holidays fast approaching, shipping is going to getting slower and slower...

Rem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back