2019 A6 (C8) Prestige Parking brake & parking assist

davedavez

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=372334
I didn't see these elsewhere, so I thought I'd post these tweaks I've confirmed to work.

Turn on parking brake when selecting Park
  • Select Control Module
  • 03-ABS
  • Security Access - 16
  • Adaptation - 10
  • Channel IDE08134 - Automatic parking brake
  • Select Activated
  • Click “Do It!”

Change the Parking Assist video shutdown speed threshold
  • Select Control Module
  • A5-Frt Sens. Drv. Assist
  • Adaptation - 10
  • Channel IDE03782-Switch-off speed for parking assist
  • Enter new value in km/h (I tried 16 kmh, but it came back as 20 on a read, so it might require multiples of 10?)
  • Click “Do It!”
This only changes the shutdown speed for the camera display on the MMI, which is good for my purposes. The parking assist system (tones and graphics) will still automatically cut out above 10 km/h.

ChuckMountain

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=249274
Does your A6 have automatic parking? Is that what the assist is?

I have a 2018 A8 and will try the above but am also trying to get the parking working as in theory I have all the hardware needed.

The challenge I got was to I am missing the Audi AI button in the car (not available in the UK) so there must be another option or two to set.

davedavez

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=372334
Does your A6 have automatic parking? Is that what the assist is?

I have a 2018 A8 and will try the above but am also trying to get the parking working as in theory I have all the hardware needed.

The challenge I got was to I am missing the Audi AI button in the car (not available in the UK) so there must be another option or two to set.

No, the US version doesn't have automatic parking as an option. This applies to the 360 video and parking sensors.

ChuckMountain

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=249274
Yep it's weird if you got certain options, like the comfort and sound pack you lost the parking pack.

Those changes above work on the A8 too although I increased my shutoff speed to 40km/h.

Just trying to work out with the new version of VCDS if there are more options. When I enabled intelligent parking assist before the instrumentations complained about wrong coding and there appears to be at least some mention now in the long coding.

Did you try the needle sweep? That appeared to work but can't find it again now :)

davedavez

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=372334
Yep it's weird if you got certain options, like the comfort and sound pack you lost the parking pack.

Those changes above work on the A8 too although I increased my shutoff speed to 40km/h.

Just trying to work out with the new version of VCDS if there are more options. When I enabled intelligent parking assist before the instrumentations complained about wrong coding and there appears to be at least some mention now in the long coding.

Did you try the needle sweep? That appeared to work but can't find it again now :)

I didn't do the needle sweep, seems a little odd to do it with the VC dash. I seem to recall seeing the coding somewhere related to an A7, but I don't remember the site. Google should quickly reveal the source.

AudiA6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25221
Needle Sweep Virtual Cockpit

I didn't do the needle sweep, seems a little odd to do it with the VC dash. I seem to recall seeing the coding somewhere related to an A7, but I don't remember the site. Google should quickly reveal the source.
Needle Sweep in Virtual Cockpit
a. Select Control Module
b. 17 – Instruments
c. Coding – 07
d. Long Coding Helper
e. Byte 1, Check Bit 0 “Staging, Yes” (Not sure why it’s labelled this way, but it does enable the needle sweep)
f. Exit Long Coding Helper
g. Click “Do It!”

Back