is hex-net using classic vcds wirelessly still considered beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

audibmi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=105413
with hex-net finally released to ROW now, is it correct to assume that using hex-net wirelessly on a windows based machine using classic VCDS Release 14.10.0 is out of beta?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yes, that combination is still considered "Beta" for now.

-Uwe-

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
with hex-net finally released to ROW now, is it correct to assume that using hex-net wirelessly on a windows based machine using classic VCDS Release 14.10.0 is out of beta?
The interface hardware itself is still considered Beta, but in my experience(*) it works extremely well with HEX-NET. I haven't had any real problems with the Desktop and HEX-NET combo for months, and I use them regularly on many different cars. If you are reasonably computer and network-savvy, I have no reservations recommending HEX-NET above HEX-USB+CAN at this time. HEX-NET offers much more capability for only a small price difference. There's still KII-USB/Micro-CAN for very cost-sensitive users.

It's my understanding that Ross-Tech is still working to make some of the initial HEX-NET setup steps a little more user-friendly and bulletproof. That includes getting it on your wireless network, registered with Ross-Tech's cloud, and downloading software and data updates. That's the only reason I mention computer and network-savvy above. Once it's online, it's smooth sailing with Desktop.

Jason

(*) Disclaimer: I don't represent Ross-Tech, I'm just a satisfied customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back