Touareg V10 TDI

nightcasters

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=341726
The dealer says my 60,000 mi V10 Touareg TDI needs $700 to clean the carbon out. Is this true? Any suggestions

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hard to say without physical inspection. Those TDIs do carbon up their intakes pretty good though, I think primarily due to soot in the recirculated exhaust gasses.

-Uwe-

PS: Since this question is in no way VCDS-related, moved to General VW/Audi Repair.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
OP :

Please post an auto-scan to better help you & unedited.

You may want to fix the reason the intakes plug and install EGR easy cleanable particulate traps and crankcase vent dual Mann Hummel pro vents, ever consider it?

Last edited:

nightcasters

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=341726
There are no fault codes at the moment it's just a dealer says I should do it and they sent the picture and it looks kind of clogged. I did have a fault code but that was fixed and probably related to this but now it's fixed. They say I should do this so it doesn't happen again. Do you think diesel fuel additives would help to clean it?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Yes that might be true but the scan gives detailed information to look up specific data & based on Vin number and respective controller part numbers that helps assholes like me look up repair information & to surmise IDK, engine code or PR code production; to answer questions you may have. Thank you for dismissing me but the making another duplicate post helped huh?

That is why JPPSG and post scans, it's not to be a pain in the ass, it's to help us help you!

nightcasters

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=341726
Cars in the shop for service maintenance. When It get back I'll post it thank you for your time!

Back