Thread: Touareg V10 TDI

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like

Touareg V10 TDI

The dealer says my 60,000 mi V10 Touareg TDI needs $700 to clean the carbon out. Is this true? Any suggestions

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hard to say without physical inspection. Those TDIs do carbon up their intakes pretty good though, I think primarily due to soot in the recirculated exhaust gasses.

-Uwe-

PS: Since this question is in no way VCDS-related, moved to General VW/Audi Repair.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    OP :

Please post an auto-scan to better help you & unedited.

You may want to fix the reason the intakes plug and install EGR easy cleanable particulate traps and crankcase vent dual Mann Hummel pro vents, ever consider it?
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 06-22-2019 at 10:17 PM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are no fault codes at the moment it's just a dealer says I should do it and they sent the picture and it looks kind of clogged. I did have a fault code but that was fixed and probably related to this but now it's fixed. They say I should do this so it doesn't happen again. Do you think diesel fuel additives would help to clean it?

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes that might be true but the scan gives detailed information to look up specific data & based on Vin number and respective controller part numbers that helps assholes like me look up repair information & to surmise IDK, engine code or PR code production; to answer questions you may have. Thank you for dismissing me but the making another duplicate post helped huh?

That is why JPPSG and post scans, it's not to be a pain in the ass, it's to help us help you!
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

6. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cars in the shop for service maintenance. When It get back I'll post it thank you for your time!