HEX-NET setup with iphone

GRS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=363463
New user just starting out with a 2014 VW T5. No Windows devices or laptop only MAC. Only internet access is via iphone 6. Have been able via Iphone App and software download onto MAC iBook to get HEX-NET to function in AP mode and able to do Auto Scan using HEX-NET mobile. Where I am stuck is I haven't been able to register the HEX-NET and the Rego page doesn't come up when I click on a module as suggested. I purchase unit from the distributor here in Australia and they tried to help me with this to no avail.
The other issue is I have't been able to establish a Cloud account. Attempts to connect to cloud all time out very quickly.

I have also tried using both iphone and HEX-NET on friends home Wifi in IP mode. Still unable to get rego page to pop up as suggested or to open a cloud account.
My question is- Is it possible via an iphone or MacBook to do the intial registration and cloud setup? Do I have to access a PC to get past these initial steps?
Much thanks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
You'll need to find a PC to get registered.

-Uwe-

yeahforbes

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN1-2H
Not that VMs are something that you can expect support for, my personal experience is that I've been able to do almost anything (except update the firmware) by using a Windows VM on my MacBook. I personally use VMware Fusion, but Virtualbox is free, and you can get a 90-day Windows installation via https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/

GRS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=363463
Much thanks

You'll need to find a PC to get registered.

-Uwe-

Got myself a cheap secondhand laptop with Windows and everything ran like a dream. Looked at what was required to run windows on my MAC and to my mind, all too hard - looked like costing far more than picking up a cheap PC.

Reactions: Uwe
Back