Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ACC not available / RS3 2018

New User
    Post Thanks / Like

ACC not available / RS3 2018

Hi all,

I have a RS3 2018 with a technology package.

On the run of 20,500 km an ACC error suddenly appeared. Pre-sense and braking guard not available also.

10,000 km ago was replaced ACC compatible intercooler from FORGE. After replacing it, there has never been an ACC error for the next 10,000 km.

Visited my dealer yesterday hoping to resolve this issue under warranty. But my fears were justified, they could not do anything, referring to the fact that I have a modified intercooler. So they denied me repairing this fault.

Analyzing the forums, I found this solution - reset misalignment angle in VSDC Module 13 (auto dist. Reg)-->Basic settings -->IDE02163-ENG114972-Reset misalignment angle. This procedure will cause the sensor to start learning again.

After connecting VCDS, I was very surprised, because this line in the drop-down menu was not.

I do not believe that the ACC sensor suddenly shifted dramatically, I did not have accidents, strikes, paint work, replacing the grille or removing the bumper. What is most strange, after replacing the intercooler, I also did not experience problems with this error for a long time.

Are there any guesses about this issue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

Please post an Auto-Scan for context.

-Uwe-

PS: Moved from General VW/Audi Repair (which is for questions that do not involved VCDS) to the New User section.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Sorry, hijacking the thread. I am thinking of buying Ross tech cable and VCDS to reset my ACC radar for the same reason.

The radar was recalibrated at VW dealer/garage in London around Jan 2019. The cost was covered by the garage where I bought the car from (non VW).
    But now the warranty is out so I will have to pay it myself (around £350, they said).

However, I believe the alignment should be fine. I didn't touch the radar or bracket (but I pulled the bumper out a bit to push one of the front parking sensors from inside. That's it.

I already contacted www.gendan.co.uk but was told to ask this question here before buying it because they are not sure if this is feasible or not.
    (I don't have access to VCDS, so cannot send you Auto scan....).

Please advise.

Thank you.

If I buy the latest VCDS (thinking of buying unlimited VIN one as I can help my friends VW/Audi), is this possible?
    My car is VW Touran 2016 (the newest shape). The reader part no is 5QA907561A.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tetskoma View Post
    If I buy the latest VCDS (thinking of buying unlimited VIN one as I can help my friends VW/Audi), is this possible?
    My car is VW Touran 2016 (the newest shape). The reader part no is 5QA907561A.
    It's really difficult to say whether VCDS will help in this case or not. It depends on what's wrong with the ACC radar.

Suggestion: Post where you are in the UK. We have lots of UK members here and chances are good there's one within reasonable driving range who would likely scan your car for free (or for some beer).

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

5. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. Thank you for your reply. I live in Surrey, UK. I found someone who can do the scan near Guildford with genuine VCDS (I have to pay, but that's fine).
    I will post it tomorrow evening after I visited him. Maybe he can reset the fault code, too.

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    VCDS Distributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the calibration procedure for the ACC Radar is pretty complex. My understanding is that you need a calibration rig with reflectors etc.
    VCDS may be able to start the procedure but I imagine once you start the calibration procedure, it is expecting the rig and reflectors to be in place.

Here is a video Autel produced showing the use of their calibration rig for the ACC Radar:
    https://youtu.be/vPl_g-2x-Ls

Ross-Tech may have more information on this from official VAG manuals but I am not sure this is something you can easily calibrate yourself.

9. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grant@gendan View Post
    I think the calibration procedure for the ACC Radar is pretty complex. My understanding is that you need a calibration rig with reflectors etc.
    Your understanding is correct Grant. Yes, VCDS can do all that is needed but the targeting system has to be in place. This target system from VAG is not inexpensive. There are few vendors who are supporting VAG ACC calibration at this time.

11. Likes grant@gendan, Mats@MFT, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I asked about Radar calibration a couple of years ago and Uwe dug out this video.
    A little laborious to say the least...
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe
    Here's what's involved. Notice the scan tool only comes into play at the very end?

-Uwe-
    Apparently I should put something witty or profound in here...

13. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    I couldn't get Auto Scan as the system kept getting 'not responding'.
    The guy who helped me has got a genuine cable (Hex+Can) with the latest version of VCDS.

We could enter the module 13 and fault codes show 'the fault Automatic Distance Regulation; Incorrectly Positioned', which couldn't be cleared.
    Then, we entered the security code, but there wasn't a menu to reset misalignment in Basic option, either.

Does this mean even with the latest VCDS we cannot reset the radar misalignment on my car (VW Touran 2016 5T)?
    Or as Gendan mentioned (in my email), this is due to the older cable (his cable is HEX+CAN, not new HEX V2)?

I am not trying to calibrate it by myself, but would like to reset misalignment to see how it goes if that is possible with the latest VCDS.

Thank you.

PS. I will take the car to the garage to calibrate the radar this time (I found a bit cheaper garage to do the job).

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way,

my ACC radar is 5QA 907 561 A (HW 3Q0 907 572B) if this is related to the issue.