STOP START PERMANENT DELETE, ANY TIPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndianaMuscle

Banned
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=368009
Have I attempted to refrain from arguing or answering idiots, Uwe?

Indeed I reside in the anti gun state, you & apparently the reckless poster has as you informed me & which still failed to capitulate, is that right?

Is this the part of the reg of the attached FTP to the aforementioned conformity certificate application & that would make a car as certified, illegal to disable or tamper it and yes making it a defeat device? :rolleyes:

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CFR-2012-title40-vol34/pdf/CFR-2012-title40-vol34-part1066.pdf
40 CFR Subpart G - Special Compliance Provisions

40 CFR § 1037.660 - Idle-reduction technologies.

GHG morning coffee helper, Pardon me.......... :p

PHASE II <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ?

Yes indeed, he doesn't know Jack or the FFL, FTP, or CFR?

Here we go again Uwe with the name calling. I don’t really care how much this guy knows, he’s a fcuk.

Great cites though. Too bad they’re just more paper for the birdcage.

Last edited:

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Hey Uwe, it's fast approaching five o'clock in Cincinnati. ;)

Until you prove otherwise, it’s legal. I won’t discuss that point any further.
We did. It's done. You didn't read any of it, or the citations to CFR, which is odd for someone with a "legal background".

If you actually, legitimately want this question answered, I will go and do the work to pull up all the citations to CFR again, and put them in order, from the definitions to the testing procedures to the EPA calibration ID for your very own personal vehicle proving the EPA certificate of conformity was issued based on start-stop being enabled, all the way to the penalties. I will do that, for you, if you want it. Do you want that? Will you read it? Because right now I'm getting a lot of la-la-la-la-it's-legal-because-I-can't-hear-you.

So I wrote to the EPA, the SS OFF button in each car already makes my point. Big deal.
As you already know or should know, it has to default to ON at every ignition cycle in order to be credited, so the manufacturer and the EPA can have some good faith belief that it will be the default and most commonly used operating mode of the vehicle. Just like transmissions have to revert from Sport to Drive. It's not about making sure every single one has it turned on, it's about making sure most of the tens of millions out there have it turned on.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I've had it with this bickering.

3Yw6c.jpg

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back